Dutchess refusing to eat hay, not pooping enough again

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwebster

Reaction score
Recently received different hay online, but Dutchess is refusing to eat it. It is more coarse and less green than it was before from Rabbit Hole Hay. Can anyone pls recommend a source for soft orchard hay and soft timothy hay? Thank you!

Small pet select maybe. Or you can always try oxbow, see if you can get a bag in a local pet store if you're needing it immediately. If you can wait a few days, order online from somewhere like chewy. But oxbow may be less consistent in what kind of cut you get. Usually 2nd cut, but not always.

I agree with Small Pet Select. You can get little bags too for her to try before you buy a big box 😊

Thank you!!! I ordered from Small Pet Select. In the meantime, I found a few handfuls of the older hay which Dutchess immediately consumed. Then she pooped! Guess I will have to give up on Rabbit Hole Hay.

Although I prefer to feed oxbow, I have gotten good quality hay at a decent price from Farmer Dave's pet supply and from Rabbit Hole Hay. Both are online orders and offer both small or large quantities. My local farm and home store carries oxbow products, so I'm lucky in that. When my bunnies won't eat sufficient amounts, I supplement with oxbow critical care. I'd recommend talking to your vet about it. It's a miracle in a pouch.

Latest posts

Back