Drooping ear with red warm bald spot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One of my precious rabbits ear started drooping a couple days ago and over night there was a quarter size bald warm spot at the back base of his ear. Help, what is this and how to I help my rabbit?

Attachments

• C07DC496-2311-44DA-9ACC-C23F051DFC92.jpeg
    C07DC496-2311-44DA-9ACC-C23F051DFC92.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 6
I do not know what that is, but a drooped ear and sudden fur loss are valid reasons to go to a rabbit savvy vet. Is this rabbit housed with others that may have attacked that portion of the ear?

If it is self induced fur loss, that type of perseveration on an area could definitely be a cause of concern, whether it is a surface issue like a skin concern, or something like an expression of distress

My other thought is something fungal or skin related, but it sounds like this happened overnight? And in my experience fungal infections like ringworm don't pop up in such big patches so suddenly.

Again, regardless of cause, I recommend having your rabbit assessed by a vet as soon as you can. A drooped ear can be a sign of infection or a neuro-related problem.

Latest posts

Back