drillers coming tomorrow help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i should of posted earlier but i am having wall insulation starting tomorrow my front living rm first my pets live in the back of the living room,front half is blocked off BUT this drilling will generate a hell of a noise will my 2 rabbits hate the loud noise?? if yes i will take them outside all morning & afternoon or will they get used to it? it will wake the dead i think does anybody no if my pets will detest the noise pollution? what would you do they are coming tomorrow a few quick posts will help me decide what to do..jason:pray:

Depends on the bunny. Agnes is scared of the vacuum but barely blinks an eye at thunder storms or my husband mowing just outside her window.

You would be the best judge of their personality and if they will tolerate it. Some bunnies can get so stressed due to being scared that it can be a detriment to their health. Yet some are so laid back it would be no bother.

For me personally, Agnes would stress more outside just because I know her and what she tolerates. So I would probably leave her, make sure she has a safe "hiding spot" and watch for any severe distress.

Good luck!

thanks 4 replying i've never used a vacuum cleaner but i know they are irritating to humans,i'm still in limbo i'm hoping 4 a few more posts,but my rabbits feed of each other i just don't like the idea of my pets scared of the drilling noise because i know they hear better than humans,the forecast is light rain tomorrow but they have shelter outside, mild as well,there cage is big & heavy so i aren't moving that outside,they are not keen on the sun cause of there fur coat but tomorrow is plenty of cloud i am still mulling over what to do,,ty jason

I would move them. my buns HATE loud noises, they won't get used to them and they;ll freak out for awhile.... But thats just what mine do, so I agree with lisa, it depends on the bunny! :)

I would try to move them away. When I put a window in the Bunny house, we had to cut thru with a sawzall, and all but Ted were wide eyed--Ted looked up and went back to sleep.

thanks 4 the quick reply's my pets are highly strung they have different characteristics like when i use the frying pan fluff (my male rabbit 4 yr old now) legs it into the cage yet dutch the female (same age) doesn't care a jot,i whistled once & it spooked them both out also key noise spooks them both & counting coins spooks them,they detest cats & birds,,so drilling for hrs will probably freak them out so i'm inclined to let them outside i think ..if you want to take a look at them? my youtube channel sirfluffyfluffton take a look at fluff the stuntman its a funny video imo i have moved since that video so he doesn't jump out his cage anymore..

I hope that everything goes well.

yeah, if they're at all sensitive to noise, I would either move them to a bedroom with the door closed (if the cage is too big and you have a playpen and a tarp or something you can put under it, you can put them + their hay manger, water bottle and litterbox in the pen) or move them outside - better to be overly cautious than have traumatized bunns!

Latest posts

Back