Dream Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug

Reaction score
i was just wondering if any body has a 'dream' bunny. a specific color, a particular breed and color. my little sister held a black(i think it was a black otter.)Holland lop in dec at the pet store(this little bun was the sweetest thing, so relaxed.he let Em do anything to him!) and now little black Holland lops are Emily's fave! that's what she wants when she gets a rabbit. for me, i love the rabbits with the 'chinchilla' coat. sooo pretty! i don't really know when i started loving them, they're just gorgeous!and i also have a soft spot for the 'broken' bunners;they're just so unique and one-of-a-kind.so it got me wondering what every bodies faves are and if there's a story behind the love.

Anna

I would like some nice harlequin and chin Rex at the moment, to help with breeding magpies. Unfortuanlty both colours are pretty few and far between in the UK, there are none close enough for me to travel. I would also love some Marten Rex, they are very nice. And a tan Belgian Hare. If only I had more space!

I have my dream bunny, I always loved the lops and I have one. As for color I would love a lighter color so i can see their face,lol. I like the brown and white lops

I woud like a japanese harlequin rex-coated lionlop....
Sounds like a rather crazy mix:p

As for actually EXISTING breeds I would like lop, lionhead, lionlop, rex or minirex in japanese harlequin, blue sable (which I might get from breeding Sasuke and Aroma) and siamese. Or any BEW-carrying rabbit with white spots.

i'm feeling really dumbright now, but.............REW ?(other than the fact that wer are right next to each other on the key board, LOL !)

Anna

REW - Ruby Eyed White. Like my Pistachio :biggrin2:

pic

I've been really lucky, because to me a "dream" bunny is all in the personality. And I've lucked out with some really special buns. However I do adore English Lops, but it's unlikely one will ever come into my Sanctuary, so I just swoon over other members big eared lops:)

well, i would LOVE to have an opal belgian hare, i don't even think they are a real color for the breed!

but i would also love:

blue/fawn tri color english lop, BEW holland lop, blue flemmie, and many, many others. . . those are just the top 3

I guess I'm very lucky too, because my dream bunny is already with me. Personality + looks are perfect. If I opted for a second bunny, I would like to have a blue eyed grey lionhead. However, since lionheads are a relatively new breed and I've read a lot of things about genetic health problems they may have, I'm stilla bit hesitant.

Marietta

These posts are always so hard because I have a few "dream bunnies". However, my ultimate "dream bunny"...would be Marlin, Morgan, and Brody's personalities in one :).

#1. Lilac.
#2. Tort, Broken Tort, or Blue Velveteen Lop.
#3. Blue Standard Rex.
#4. Californian.

There is others of course, but those are my "top most wanted bunnies".

thank you for correcting my ignorance,LOL!

we were in the pet store yesterday and they had the sweetest little Holland lop! it had blue eyes, most of it was a lovely brown(think Montana's Macey:biggrin2:)and had a little white strip on his/her forehead! totally sweet! i didn't even ask what sex it was because i knew if it was a boy it'd just be to much for me! i think it was the blue eyes that got me!

I would really love a Frosted Pearl lop. I am very lucky to have my magpie lionhead mix and also my lil japanese harlequin mix as those are favorite colors of mine.

However, I would give anything to have my Wiggles backbut since I cannot, my dream bunny is a castor mini-rex in a shelter in California names Rataouille.

LadyBug wrote:
i'm feeling really dumbright now, but.............REW ?(other than the fact that wer are right next to each other on the key board, LOL !)

Anna
Nope. I'm talking BEW, as in Blue-eyed white.
The reason I want a BEW-carrying rabbit is that REW-carrying rabbits don't really look very special, the gene is recessive so if the rabbit only carries it you won't see any difference.

However BEW is only partly recessive, so a BEW-carrier can in fact have specks of white on it:biggrin2:Occasionally even blue eyes!
The markings can be anything from a tiny white spot on the nose to almost resembling a dutch, or like this pretty boy I saw at the pet shop:
A black BEW-carrying lionhead:
Lionhead_Rabbit_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

ZakuraRabbit wrote:
LadyBug wrote:

Anna
Nope. I'm talking BEW, as in Blue-eyed white.
The reason I want a BEW-carrying rabbit is that REW-carrying rabbits don't really look very special, the gene is recessive so if the rabbit only carries it you won't see any difference.

However BEW is only partly recessive, so a BEW-carrier can in fact have specks of white on it:biggrin2:Occasionally even blue eyes!
The markings can be anything from a tiny white spot on the nose to almost resembling a dutch, or like this pretty boy I saw at the pet shop:
A black BEW-carrying lionhead:
Lionhead_Rabbit_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

So... what is Boston RumbleStrutt?

wabbitblu.jpg

I have not answered this because I needed to think it very carefully.

I have three. A tort lionhead, a BEW Lionhead, and a flemish white or Fawn would be good. Tort lionhead has to be male, BEW lionhead female, flemish female.

Latest posts

Back