Dozens of baby rabbits dumped in the middle of the night

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just caught on to this one, Leaf do you know if they still have the bunnies? Are they looking for any foster homes?

It really is so tragic that bunnies are able to breed and multiply so rapidly and how extremely common it is to have this happen when you take unspayed/un-neutered buns and combine that with a careless or uneducated owner :/. What I never understand is a) once the peson realized they're in deep doo with how fast buns multiply, why do they continue to let it increase and increase? Why don't they go running to a shelter for help immediately before it gets worse!

They're probably scared of getting into trouble for having so many buns and don't want to be found out.

SOOOSKA wrote:
I think what they should do with Idiots that leave poor helpless bunnies out in the cold in the middle of the night is to leave them "Butt Naked" far into a forest and let them fend for themselves.

Sorry but I getso upsetwhen I read stories like this.

Susan

:yeahthat:

The Missouri House rabbit society has six litters from the dumped bunnies. . . I am not sure where the rest of them are but atleast some of them are getting good foster homes and a good shot at getting adopted.

I just got that information as well.

I have 3 fosters here now at my house after their foster Mom (human) went into labor... They're supposed to be transferred to a new foster home tomorrow morning. I was just an inbetween in this case. These three are prior to the dumping, so not a part of that crew.

BABY ALERT!!!! Perhaps you saw some of us on the Fox2 news piece about the serial dumper of rabbits in St. Louis--if not, the link is

http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages/ContentDetail?contentId=5505396

Six litters have been taken into our foster system so far--that's a lot of babies to provide for, especially in a couple of months when they're ready for their spays and neuters. If you can help us out, please send donations on their behalf to MOHRS, PO Box 6362, Chesterfield, MO 63005.

We encourage private appointments throughout the week. Please e-mail us at [email protected] to schedule an appointment and receive an application form.

Can't adopt right now? You can help support our foster rabbits by making a donation or volunteering your time. Donations can be sent to HRS of Missouri, P.O. Box 6362, Chesterfield, MO 63006. We are a 501(c)3 charity, so donations are deductible! Please call 314-995-1457 or e-mail [email protected] to volunteer, or visit our website for more information! http://members.petfinder.org/~MO56/index.html

Latest posts

Back