Dozens of baby rabbits dumped in the middle of the night

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think what they should do with Idiots that leave poor helpless bunnies out in the cold in the middle of the night is to leave them "Butt Naked" far into a forest and let them fend for themselves.

Sorry but I getso upsetwhen I read stories like this.

Susan

I couldn't agree with you more. Did you see the article in the UK where someone abandoned a baby in a cage, in the middle of a road to freeze? I don't understand what goes through peoples minds when they are doing these things.

111 rabbits THIS YEAR? we've only had 17 days of this year!

it's terrible that someone is doing that, but what a bunch of cute little bunnies!! i hope this tv spot gets people interested so they can adopt them out!

These stories make you wanna cry. You know they won't all make it. Gratefully humane organizations, volunteers, fosterers & rescues help who they can when someone begins dumping.

ditto on the comments posted already,

At the shelter where I used to volunteer, staff mentioned a cage of two rabbits were left in the parking lot in January. Both were spared a death of being frozen or eaten although their heartbeats were ceased ...

Why, why, why...

I'm glad RO exists to call these News items to everyone's attention.

How terrible! Poor babies. I wish I lived near there! I wonder if anyone from the forum will adopt any. At least the shelter set up looks good, though not equipped to handle that many buns... At our shelter, bunnies are just in cages across the room from the cats.

Omg, poor bunnies. I think that's just horrible! 111 rabbits?! Wow... Some of those buns are so adorable. :) I hope they end up going to nice and safe homes. Just watching this makes me so upset.

Karlee

*sarcasm* love that comment by the anchor "rabbits take a lot of work, they tell me as much as a dog" He didn't believe them obviously.

This kind of thing is so horrible, but hopefully the news coverage helps them find more homes...

Actually, I think that's exactly what they should do.

Becknutt wrote:
--- (KTVI - myFOXstl.com) -- The rabbit population at the Humane Society of Missouri is growing rapidly. Someone has been dumping dozens of baby bunnies at the facility in the middle of the night. FOX 2's Roche Madden reports on the growing mystery.

Fox2 Saint Louis Video News Clip

If anyone can step in to thelp the rabbits it would be VERY appreciated.

The HSMO St Louis is amazing, and right now overwhelmed. They are currently working with almost 40 dogs confiscated from a DVM's home and today they are on "red alert" after two dogs were thrown 30 feet off a highway overpass last night. One dog has been recovered, one is still MIA but they have people everywhere trying to bring the dog to safety.

Leaf wrote:
If anyone can step in to thelp the rabbits it would be VERY appreciated.

The HSMO St Louis is amazing, and right now overwhelmed. They are currently working with almost 40 dogs confiscated from a DVM's home and today they are on "red alert" after two dogs were thrown 30 feet off a highway overpass last night. One dog has been recovered, one is still MIA but they have people everywhere trying to bring the dog to safety.
I HATE PEOPLE. I do not understand the mentality that could do this type of thing.

I don't want to seem like some freak or something but - please tell me what is wrong with people today?

I hear of this, read of the kitty Leaf got and how back in the summer, and today on the news..... some waste of DNA threw a 2 year old baby off a bridge into traffic in Hawaii.

Is the whole world becoming evil? My heart breaks over this stuff.

Bo B, I don't know.

It looks like they're going to lose the 'pit bull'. Upon first news his front two legs were broken but I've been calling a friend that works there and she says the dog is in bad shape. It'll take a miracle to save him. We're hoping Mutts N Stuff (pit) rescue can take her or Stray Rescue of St Louis... The Akita/Golden Retriever mix is still at large- or unfound inany condition.

Keep in mind though, there ARE good people in the world and this forum is a great testiment to that.

ETA- the pit bull was euthanized on Friday. Still no leads on the other dog.

As much as I hate some of the fanatical animal rights things.. I understand the point of having stiffer laws for those who are brutal and inhumane to animals.

I'm pretty hard nosed about some things tho - I think "insanity" defenses are a crock for the most part!

Becknutt, I clicked the link but i don't see any more information than the few sentences that you quoted directly from there. that's all i see. What's missing? Where's the rest of the information? Surely there has to be more that i'm not seeing lol! :huh

I looked at the HSMO website and can't find the bunnies, does anyone know when/if they will be avaliable for adoption?

I looked at the HSMO website and can't find the bunnies, does anyone know when/if they will be avaliable for adoption?

Latest posts

Back