Dog and Cat Food Recalls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are quite a few foods without gluten orwheat. Unfortunately my Lily has a sensitivestomach. I'd have to double check, but I'm pretty sure thatthese relatively common brands don't have it: Chicken Soup,Felidae, California Natural, Innova, Eagle Pack, and SolidGold. Chicken Soup is high quality but actually lessexpensive than Nutro or Pro Plan, while Felidae costs about the same.

Nutro has corn gluten but not wheat gluten or wheat.

Does Blue Buffalo have wheat or gluten?

I get it at Pet Supply Plus and Pet Supply Outlet. Try looking up their website, maybe they'll have a store locator.

Depending on where you live, it may be cheaper to order onlinetoo. Petfooddirect.com is supposed to be good.Stuff costs less in my area than others, so I would loose money thatway.

they did! awesome. I'll have to go check it outand see what the prices are. The store I can buy it from is usuallymore expensive so we'll see!

I just checked my cupboard and found that apouch of wet dog food and a can of wet cat food that I had stored away(as treats, since my pets usually get dry) are both on the recall list.:( Scary stuff...my heart goes out to those who lost precious petsbecause of this.

I'm taking it back tomorrow, though I don't careabout a refund...just want to make sure they've pulled all the rest offthe shelves...

Hmm.... so they found that it was rat poison inthe food. Isn't it always rat poison. I thought itwas rat poison before they even said it - it's sopredictable. Someone spiking food with rat poison ... theyshould just stop making rat poison.

They think it might have gotten into the wheat gluten used in the food,and wheat gluten is also used in human foods too - and who knows if thesource of the wheat gluten is a same source that is used to get thestuff for human food. great...

Latest posts

Back