Dog and Cat Food Recalls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a link with the products listed..not sure if it's all.

recall

Ack! I'm glad my cat's aren't eatingany of that. It looks like it's mostly canned food, does thatmean the dry foods aren't causing problems? Because I wasgoing to start switching them to Nutro this weekend.:?

Yeah just wet. My cats are on nutro, the turkey one.

I'm feeding California Natural dry and wet, butI was going to try changing the dry to Nutro to see if it would clearup some poop issues without affecting Lily's sensitivestomach. If it's just the wet food that's still a problem,then I'll stick to my plan of starting the switch.

I hope it works for you. I have one with asensitive stomach and Nutro has been good and I have noticed a drasticchange in smells...a lot less smelly!

WOW!! :shock::shock:

Thank you for posting that. I'm happy to read that our twosweeties aren't eating any of that. They REFUSE to eat wetfood (even canned regular tuna)...so no worries here!

I hope no one else loses their babies!! :(

Hugs to everyone!

Rosie*

That's good toknow. Iams and Eukanuba is suppose to besome of the better names when itcomes to dog food.

Lucky for me, I only feed ourdog, dry food.Desmond was getting Iams Smart Puppyfood until I switchedto Wellness a few months ago.He is gaining weight though. :disgust:

Rainbows! :D

Iams and Eukanuba, though brand names, areactually pretty crappy dog/cat food. I've seriously done my researchand shtuff. i checked out jsut abuot every brand in existance and readthe ingredience labels and went ont heir websites and everything.

I feed my dogs and cat Blue Buffalo. You've probably never heard of it.It's amazing to say the least. It really sets itself apart from otherbrands. I'll tell you what makes it better:

*ONLY human-grade ingredients. ANYTHING That goes into this food must past human food standards. You could eat it, basically.

* NO by-products. This means no beaks, feaths, antlers and hooves inyour food. These are indigesitble and provide for a lot of excess petwaste. Surprisingly, they're usually a main ingredient in more dog/catfoods. Which means like 80% of your food oyu're buying, just goesthrough your dog.

* No Corn, wheat, or soy. These may be good for you, but not for yourdog. Wheat is a very common allergy-causing agent for dogs. Usuallycausing severe skin rashes ans such. If your dog has skin conditions orproblems, check his food for wheat.

*Lifesource bits - These are seperate little kibbles in thefood....basically BLUE cold-forms all thier vegetables and addedvitamins. Other brands cook all their meat and veggies and vitamins alltogether at the same high temperatures. What this does is cooks all thevitamins right out of the veggies and fruits. They can lose up to 70%of their potency this way. Thats why Blue makes sure they aren't cookedwith the meat.

* The number 1 ingredient is meat. This means mostof the dogfood ismade of meat. Any ingredients label, wether it is for people orcritters, is listed in order from what makes up most of the food, tothe least of the food. The first ingredient makes up for most of theproduct. Most dogfoods have some kind of by-product or corn as the mainingredient. Both just fillers. Both just wasting your money.

* Blue uses Brown rice instead of white rice. Its just better for you.

I've also talked to numerous representatives about their petfood. Nutrolooked like a good food...but it seemed really shady to me. They wouldalso say how bad by-products are and then they would have a sampleingredients list there, and one sample list would say ''what youringredients list says'' and another one would say ''What youringredients list SHOULD say'' and the ''should'' one had a nunch ofcrappy stuff in it, and byproducts was listed on there. But they keepsaying how bad byproducts are. There was just a bunch of stuff thatcontridicted itself. And Their bags would say like, ''no chickenby-products!'' but the other flavors would NOT say like, ''no beefbyproducts!'' or ''no lamb by products!'' They also use wheat in theirproducts. But what have you.

If you're interested...
www.bluebuff.com

Pet_Bunny wrote:
That's good toknow. Iams and Eukanuba is suppose to besome of the better names when itcomes to dog food.

Lucky for me, I only feed ourdog, dry food.Desmond was getting Iams Smart Puppyfood until I switchedto Wellness a few months ago.He is gaining weight though. :disgust:

Rainbows! :D

Yeah, Iams and Eukanuba really aren't thatgood. Nutro has somewhat better ingrediants and an excellantreputation on the cat forum I'm on. Blue Buffalo looks good,but I actually prefer California Natural or Chicken Soup for theCat/Dog Lover's Soul.:)

Those are very popular brands though. I know some people arerushing to find suitable replacements that their cats will actually eat.

I was in Petsmart today and there were a lot of empty shelves.

i noticed that with the nutro, that's why i feedthe turkey, no byproducts in that one but i noticed in some of theother ones there is byproducts.

Canned tuna isn't that great for your cats either.

I'm Nutro all the way. I did wonders for myparent's older dog with itchy skin and when I told my vet what I wasfeeding my puppy she said "oh good!" so that has to mean something.

I'm feeding the chicken and rice formula. I did a lot of research intothe food while I was looking into a puppy and it was one of the best.

I'm a big fan of dry Chicken Soup for theDog/Cat Lover's Soul. IMO it's the best pet food out there. We give itto our dogs and cats and they eat it up like there's no tomorrow.

I checked out Nutro since it's supposed to be better, but the first ingredient is not meat.

naturestee wrote:
Yeah, Iams and Eukanubareally aren't that good. Nutro has somewhat betteringrediants and an excellant reputation on the cat forum I'mon. Blue Buffalo looks good, but I actually prefer CaliforniaNatural or Chicken Soup for the Cat/Dog Lover's Soul.:)

Those are very popular brands though. I know some people arerushing to find suitable replacements that their cats will actually eat.

I was in Petsmart today and there were a lot of empty shelves.

Mine are on pro plan, i don't know why i always call it nutro...geez.

First ingredient is Turkey but like i said on my post above, not all the pro plans have that as the first ingredient.

Not real thrilled about the gluten or wheat but it's really hard to find food without..at least I'm having trouble finding it.

Latest posts

Back