Does the weight shift?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
Hiya everyone, I have been spending a lot of time with Dodge today and just gently placing my hand againts her side. I have felt heaps of baby movements, wriggling and kicking etc, but earlier this morning she was carrying quite high - now pretty low.

It's hard to explain but the kits seemed to be between her ribs and back thighs for the last week, now they have dropped down into her belly area and her ribs and legs have shape again. Is this a sign that she is getting close to kindling? or have they just 'moved' down there because of the way she's been lying all day do you think?

I know I am worrying about nothing but I am very excited, I feel like a bunny grandma. Also I meant to type "weight" in the title but I can't change it now.

Don't worry. The babies are moving down because the birth is near!!! When did you breed her? I would guess that if you are feeling them kick and they are dropping then she is probably going to have them in a couple of days. Be sure to have a nestbox in with her!

Sharon

Latest posts

Back