Does he just like to mess with me???????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJJMM

Reaction score
Got up this morning and Dash had not finished his vegs from last night, or did he finish his pellets. Very unusual. I went in and sat with him and he was not looking uncomfortable but was a bit standoffish. Plenty of poop in the box. I did a dose of Gas X, he was still a bit aloof. Did a dose of Meloxicam. Not three minutes later he was eating hay, bopping around, grooming and just acting normal. Now he is chowing on his vegs. I did see him drink a few minutes ago. Ack! I am thrilled he is ok. But the the heck? I swear he wanted to pay me back for something🤷‍♀️

I think that they recover pretty fast from belly aches once things get moving again. I guess that happens more often than we notice, but I would keep an eye on his intake, check if he's shedding and brush excess fur out, entice eating hay, get him moving etc..

Thanks Preitler. It was just sort of strange, there was no way there was time for the meds to have kicked in before he started acting fine again. He is completely his old bratty self again. LOL. It did stress me out a bit for a few minutes though..................................

Sometimes when they've been feeling unwell, I think they kind of get stuck not eating and thinking they still have a stomach ache, even though they maybe are actually doing better, and that getting some fluids or food into them kind of kick starts them into feeling ok and wanting to eat again.

Back