Does Anyone Have This Litterbox?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
Nope, but I've checked them out at pet stores. I'd like those if they were larger and if the grate was lower compared to the entrance. The only boogers of mine that would fit in those would just poop over the frontedge.

IMO, this is the best litter box ever. Just put a grate in for the extra-naughty digging buns, and voila!

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2755434

Yup, I have about 3 floating around my house. There is one that's bigger and has a lower grate, which is better cuz Muffin sticks her butt over the edge of the one you posted, but it's more expensive.

I've been looking for that kind of litterbox for awhile. I have one that the sides are lower but I needed higher with a lower entrance. Thanks naturestee.

naturestee wrote:
Nope, but I've checked them out at pet stores. I'd like those if they were larger and if the grate was lower compared to the entrance. The only boogers of mine that would fit in those would just poop over the frontedge.

IMO, this is the best litter box ever. Just put a grate in for the extra-naughty digging buns, and voila!

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2755434
OMG i have this one for my cat!!!!!!!!! I actually replaced both litter boxes with two of those because my one cat doesnt crouch to pee he stands completly up on his feet and he was making a mess and it was going over the side of the box, this has helped alot,lol.

I have seen them and I think for a hamster maybe! LOL! They are too small for my bunnies..... Even Clover would have a time getting her little butt where she wanted without her legs hanging out.

I have this litterbox for Daisy, I put it in the corner that she had been "going" in and she used ita couple times, but now she just sleeps in it and goes to the bathroom right next to it. We have only had her for a week, and I chose that box because it had the high back, and she had been peeing outside of cage. Any ideas of how to get her to start going back in the litterbox?

When Tobi first came to live with me, she had litter box issues. She would be in the box, but back her rear end up against the back and pee over the edge. I got her a very large box (a Rubbermaid under-the-bed storage box), and she's had that for a year, and done well with it. Recently I have found a few "accidents" over the edge, but not like it had been.

Last weekend, I got her a "normal" litter box (large cat size), and I'm seeing how she does with that now. She does seem to be better now, I'm hoping that continues.

I would like to get her a bigger box, but she doesn't have a huge cage, so i don't want to take up all of her space. I would eventually like to get her a bigger cage, but we have only had her for a week, and I haven't seen any bigger cages that what I have for her. I noticed this morning that she has been peeing (always pooping) on her towel that is meant for her bed. What is my little angel thinking?

What a lot of us do is make a cage out of wire storage cubes (we call them NIC cubes, but now they're called Organize-It storage cubes). You can get these at Target and make a very nice cage out of them. Also, sometimes a large dog kennel can be converted into a reasonable sized cage for a bunny. If you look for threads on NIC cubes you may find some good ideas on cage designs.

Also, is she spayed? This can really improve litterbox training. Finally, she may just be marking her space as it is new to her. The best way to train (and my guys are by no means 100% good at the litterbox) is to wipe up messes and put the papertowel in the box, and clean up the spot with white vinegar to remove the smell. That way the box starts smelling like waste, so it's where she wants to go.

Good luck!

She is not spayed yet she is only 9 weeks old. I have been looking for the cubes to make a custom cage, but haven't been able to find them, it seems I have looked everywhere but Target, lol. That will have to be my next stop. Thanks for the advice, I will check it out.

Back