Docile rabbits...

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Flakes

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No meaning, at least as far as I know. I wanted to name him Dermot (the Irish name), but for some reason in my head Dermot got mixed up with Dortmund, and by the time I realized the difference I’d come to like Dortmund.

I did a google search on the name, and the only thing I could find named Dortmund was a city in Germany and their soccer team. My parents think I must have just made it up. Though I suppose there is always a chance It was a character in a book I’d read somewhere.

Lauren Kiernan

Reaction score
That must really had hurt, sometimes they do it. Have been in many situations my bunnies fall from a bit of height but never when being held. But it’s only keep on practicing, he will learn his lessons. Next time he start to struggle a lot and you feel like losing grip put him fast to the ground or just let him jump down but he shouldn’t get a treat during those times.

Also letting him snack on a treat while being hold or scratching where he love to be scratched can calm him down. A bit of distraction, work really well ^^
Poor little guy, is he OK? Our Charlie is not a fan of being picked up. There are times where he tolerates it for a short time but he is just not a cuddler. He thinks he is the top bunny in the house and definitely wants all the headrubs and shoulder rubs but otherwise doesn't sit still

Flakes

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He seems to be fine, though the minimal progress I did towards picking him up is gone.

Flakes

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is in a mood today. He’s sleeping on his perch watching me, but whenever I get close to him he scurries into his hidey hole. So I’m giving him space today... though I may have snuck one or two dried strawberry bits into his hiding spot for him.