Do you know your future bunnies names?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca

Reaction score
I personally don't like to pick names before I know the bunny as a well I was going to say 'person' but I guess I should say 'bunny'?? Anyway back to my point have you picked some names you want your bunnies to have?

I have thought of a few I want to get some when I'm older called: Tinky-Winky, Dipsy, Laalaa and Po named after yes the one and only 'Teletubbies' how great are they? I can imagine saying "OMG Tinky -Winky just did a binky!" Ahhaaa :p

Have you thought of any names?

The bunnies that I hav bred here have always had names relating to their parents, so future bunnies will hopefully have names either relating to Angel or Lightning, and yeh, I have thought of a few that could work.

As anyone who was around when I was naming Phoebe Mae and Skyler know (ESPECIALLY Skyler, good lord that bunny was so hard to name and even then we changed it after a month!), I spend a lot of time thinking of pet names because I want the perfect name for them. Before I got Tallulah, I spend about a month trying to think of a name for her and settled on Tabitha but ended up picking Tallulah once I actually saw her and brought her home. Rory's name was the only really easy one. I saw the name Rhiordan somewhere about 8 years ago and just thought it was the perfect bunny name, with the nickname Rory. Then we saw "Belvadere" on Petfinder in October 2007 and I know it was my Rory! It took me about a week to decide on a name for Phoebe Mae after I got her, but I spent so much time in the months between Tallulah's death and when we got Phoebs thinking about the perfect name for the next bunny.

The names that I am adamant about using for future bunnies are Marjoram (because it's adorable), Tonka (after the toy trucks), Libby Lu (short for Lilybelle Luna, how cute is that?) and Kasper Abbott Ninchen. I want a name with the first and middle initials KA and the last name Ninchen so his name would be K.A. Ninchen- Kaninchen is the German word for rabbit. I picked Abbott for the middle name because of course Kasper Abbott sounds like Kasper Rabbit! I also love the names Larken, Delilah, Zipporah and Tabitha for girl bunnies.

Someday I will have my K.A. Ninchen, Marjoram, Tonka and Libby Lu :)

I call the Checkered Giant breeder in an hour to see how the babies are doing...my oldest son who always wanted a Checkered Giant said he is calling the buck Baby Jared after one of his classmates.

Not sure of the other CGs...I will have to see them and see what their personalities are like, then crack out the baby name book - that always gets my husband in a panic to see those on my coffee table...until I tell them I need animal names and then he really panics....

Axel came with his name as he is a red/white/blue registered HL. I wasn't sure if Juno was going to be "Winslet" (she looks like my late HL buck Winslow who was a similarly marked broken black) but when I got her, she was definitely a Juno.

Denise

I know that I eventually want a bunny named Fido, just because I think it would be cute to have such a stereotypical dog name for a bun (though I work at a kennel and have never met a Fido of any species. Though there is a Fifi that comes. It's a new Zeland and makes my day.) And, I'm probably going to butcher the spelling, but Hossenfefer. The rabbit dish? I would call him Hoss, but it would be an extension of the joke I say when I'm frustrated ("You guys are just lucky I'm not hungry today!") But they don't believe me, they just binky along saying, "Mom, you don't fool us. You don't eat dead animals!"

Well, it is official - in May I will have a CG named Jared - the breeder will use his name as in the tattoo for showing.

The other buns? Guess I have to wait to meet them unless I find a name I cannot live without.

Thanks,

Denise

YAY Denise! I can't wait for another Checkered Giant/Giant Papillon on the forum! :biggrin2:

We've only ever got to name 2 bunnies- Mouse and Chalk because the other 3 already came with names and we'd feel bad changing them, but I hope we'll get to name some more someday :)

I'm not as big on 'people' names as I am on cute unusual names. So I have saved up, Flapjack, Smudge, Cookie, Brownie and possibly Piglet. I don't know where Piglet came from, I just thought of it this very second! And most of the other names I have are edible cakey things.... hmmmmm... :p

Well, my bunny is named Bailey right now, so, definatly something that will go with that. lol. like Bailey and Brittney. but then again I may be getting this adorable little black and white bunny and would just HAVE to name him Moo. lol

I love this question!

Regardless of that...I haven't pre-named my future bunnies. :)

After Brindy, Chaucer, Mugsy, Tia, Fluffy and Elf...I think I just have to meet the rabbit first. :)

BabyBailey wrote:
Well, my bunny is named Bailey right now, so, definatly something that will go with that. lol. like Bailey and Brittney. but then again I may be getting this adorable little black and white bunny and would just HAVE to name him Moo. lol
Cream! - then if they bonded, and it was a girl, you would have 'Baliey's Cream' :biggrin2:

I usually have a few themes or name ideas for future litters/bunnies.

Most the time, I never even use any because other names fit them much better lol. But I do write down names that would be cute for a bunny :)

Emily

mouse_chalk wrote:
YAY Denise! I can't wait for another Checkered Giant/Giant Papillon on the forum! :biggrin2:

We've only ever got to name 2 bunnies- Mouse and Chalk because the other 3 already came with names and we'd feel bad changing them, but I hope we'll get to name some more someday :)

I'm not as big on 'people' names as I am on cute unusual names. So I have saved up, Flapjack, Smudge, Cookie, Brownie and possibly Piglet. I don't know where Piglet came from, I just thought of it this very second! And most of the other names I have are edible cakey things.... hmmmmm... :p

The breeder has a senior doe that looks more like a Papillon than a CG... she may be part of the package but I have to wait... kinda like being pregnant without the weight gain! :)

My son is going to be so excited when he gets home from college for the summer - I have not told him about Jared!

He was one to name his bunnies after food - Sausage, Steak, Meatloaf - but all were loved buns. I like the cakey names too! Pass me a slice of Red Velvet Cake - my favorite....:biggrin2:

Denise

DeniseJP wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:

The breeder has a senior doe that looks more like a Papillon than a CG... she may be part of the package but I have to wait... kinda like being pregnant without the weight gain! :)

Denise

I thought that Giant Papillon was the UK 'version' of a Checkered Giant and that they were the same breed? Did I get that wrong? :expressionless

I would definitely wait to meet the bunny first but I'm thinking maybe Saphira, Oreo, Echo or Moonbeam.

I think I have a list of names I would like to give to bunnies someday, not sure where it is now. I jotted some names down when we were first thinking of getting bunnies. When we adopted Nick and Amelia, their foster person said she thought Nick recognized his name, so we decided to keep their names. (In reality, I don't think Nick does know his name, or if he does, he doesn't really care. Amelia has come to me a couple times when I called her name, but I think she just thought I had a treat!)

Anyway, I really like old-fashioned human names, like Mabel, Hazel, Rosemary, Lily, Opal, etc. I don't think I thought up any boy names.

Recently, my rescue has had a couple Flopsy's come through (both male and female), and it started me thinking that I haven't met any rabbits named Peter or Mopsy yet.

Latest posts

Back