Do you know your future bunnies names?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehe, my nickname for Hazel is "Flopsy Mopsy Cottontail" :D

My husband really wants a Flemish Giant next, and name him Harvey, after the giant white Pooka-rabbit from the movie "Harvey" (with James Stewart). He really loves that movie :)

There is a rabbit named Mr. Fluffypants at the HAWS rescue over here. I love that name, but couldn't bring myself to name a pet that! I would keep it if I adopted him. lol

That's kind of where Miss Emma got the last name, "McFluffybottoms". :biggrin2:

mouse_chalk wrote:
DeniseJP wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
YAY Denise! I can't wait for another Checkered Giant/Giant Papillon on the forum! :biggrin2:

We've only ever got to name 2 bunnies- Mouse and Chalk because the other 3 already came with names and we'd feel bad changing them, but I hope we'll get to name some more someday :)

I'm not as big on 'people' names as I am on cute unusual names. So I have saved up, Flapjack, Smudge, Cookie, Brownie and possibly Piglet. I don't know where Piglet came from, I just thought of it this very second! And most of the other names I have are edible cakey things.... hmmmmm... :p

The breeder has a senior doe that looks more like a Papillon than a CG... she may be part of the package but I have to wait... kinda like being pregnant without the weight gain! :)

Denise

I thought that Giant Papillon was the UK 'version' of a Checkered Giant and that they were the same breed? Did I get that wrong? :expressionless

Hi Jen:

You are correct - but the breeder said this doe he has looks more like an English Spot with her pattern (which, if I remember correctly, is more like the Papillon's pattern), not the "traditional" American Checkered Giant pattern. She is very good in type, and had done wellon the table.

Either way, I am excited - another month and a half to go and I will have my Checkered Giants!!! Can't wait to hug one of those big bunnies...once I make sure they will tolerate it.

I say that as we had Mercy at a church yesterday for a live "Stations of the Cross" we were asked to volunteer at. One lady came up and grabbed Mercy around the neck and woke her up (not good...). She started hugging Mercy and kissing her and the look on Mercy's face was "MOM! Get her away before I do something about it." I told the lady we could see if Mercy would give her a kiss but when asked twice, Mercy shook her head no and I did not cue her to say no.

So, before I squeeze any big bunneh, I better ask for permission.... :) I am just so excited....:pinkbouce::pinkbouce::jumpforjoy:

Denise

Aaaah, I see, so the patterns are slightly different?

I really hope your CG is a cuddle bunny, like Dotty! It's so great. She cuddled up to me for about 2 hours this morning- fell asleep with her nose resting on my face! I don't know how I lived without a giant in my life for so long!

I have the Standard of Perfection for ARBA bunnies and the Checkered Giant pattern in the US includes two spots on each side, a butterfly on the nose, cheek and eye spots, a spine marking and ears that are marked.

I am just so excited about knowing that there is a Jared growing for us... and some does. Jen, I am hoping they are cuddle buns like Miss Dotty... I hear they can be feisty but I am hoping turnout time and sitting with them may encourage the snuggly side versus the feisty side.

One doe at this rabbitry had 26 babies in one litter... when I had a full Holland and Fuzzy Lop rabbitry, I had 18 holes - can't imagine that many kits!

In any case, I am ready to love our new buns. My son Andy will be so excited - he had a tough year at college this first year and I'd love him to have a bun to celebrate the completion of year one with.

Denise

Denise

If I ever get a future bunny, my idea names i have in mind are: Jingle, Hoppy, Bugaboo, Rascal. Thats all i like already, My favorite is Jingle though. I love the name Truffles and for some reason Truffles fit my bunny. The next breed i want to get is a english lop.

I have a HUGE list of names I may want to use some day. That way I can have an idea of the name and then be able to see their personality to choose the right name. I do have names I love right now which are Ailis, Oonagh, Aibreann, and Caoimhe!

Aly! :)

Latest posts

Back