Do rabbits like being in Snow?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think the snow will hurt him. But therapid change from warm inside to cold outside might cause some stress.When it snows here, I fill up a dishpan with snow and bring it inside.The bunnies love it!

I would think for short periods it would be OK,but then I would make sure they are dried off well - with a towel andor 'hare' dryer (yes - I have a dryer just for my buns...they enjoy it - well at least Nick does. I haven't tried it on Maggieyet...)

Also have to be careful if there is salt or ice melting material on theground. If that gets caught in the fur of the big feet, that could bedeadly if they ingest it.

I think it's more of a matter of what the ambient temperature is.

For instance, if it snowed but the temperature is just below zero, it's probably fine.

I would not dare bring my bunnies outside when it's -15 C... like up here right now in Canada.

It just startedsnowing now! The temperature is-1* C / 30*F
This is Pebbles first time in the snow.

jtp92f.jpg

She was so excited that she was running back and forth and blinking around.

jtpc1v.jpg

jtpcg1.jpg

Tried to catch the blinkie here.... :D

jtpcsg.jpg

Rainbows! :)

We took Snowbelle to the snow once, shehad a great time. We made sure that she wasn't too cold. She didbinkies all over the place. :shock:

bunnydude wrote:
I don't think the snow will hurt him. But the rapid changefrom warm inside to cold outside might cause some stress. When it snowshere, I fill up a dishpan with snow and bring it inside. The bunnieslove it!
That really sounds like a fun idea!! That way the buns can have a snow day, too!!!!:)

We didn't want to take the buns out in the cold..... so we brought some snow in for the buns;)

Here's Benji checking out the cold white stuff (I wish the pic was a bit lighter :?)

Mine love the snow!!! Just be careful....gradually introduce them to it
especially if they are not used to being outside. Mine bang on the door
when they are ready to come in.

My heart binkies every time I see a picture of Pebbles. :inlove:

Lissa wrote:
Myheart binkies every time I see a picture ofPebbles. :inlove:
Mine too :kiss: (what a great way to put it, Lissa :D)

My lop Dottie claws at the back door to come in, but shes not allowed in the house :(I feel so evil.

I am goin to start putting loadz of pictures up of my bunnies. Pictures are the best on this board.

I just need to figure out how to get the actual picture showing up onthe topic? all i can do is put an url there so you can click on it. Buti think its better if you can see it straight away without clicking onthe link.

Anybody know how?

Ive been switching over all Pebbles pictures to put as my backgroundpicture. They are all so good i cant choose which one to use!

Linz, if you can host your pictures on anypersonal web space provided by your ISP then I would recommend doingthat.If not, there are quite a few photo hosting services onthe web, many are free. I see that a lot of people here use photobucket.

As far as actually inserting them, after you upload your picture towebspace somewhere, you can click on the picture icon on the toolbar ofthe post form.
It's the little picture with the three colored balls between the quoteand the link buttons to the upper right of the form. Put in the webaddress for your picture and Voila! there you have it!

If you need more help, feel free to ask. I can get more detailed if you need.

Back