Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addie

Reaction score
I have a female Dwarf Hotot and a Netherland Dwarf pair. They both recently turned 6 months old. For a week or so, the hotot was constantly chasing the netherland trying to mount her. A few days ago, I came to their cage to find large amounts of fur, all belonging to the hotot. Is the netherland trying to gain dominance??? When I adopted the pair they said they were born two weeks apart if that makes a difference. Yesterday when I let them have out of cage play time, the netherland was chasing the hotot constantly. I’ve seen them circling quite a bit too. I’m getting worried one of them is going to get hurt. The netherland has been having white goo forming on her eyes daily which I believe is from some of the loose fur they’re pulling out getting in her eyes. Would spaying them both fix the issue? What about just spaying one? Will they work it out or will issues likely keep occurring?

You need to separate them before they cause serious injury. They are hormonal.

This is why baby bonds don't ever count as true bonds. If you want them to bond, they both need to be spayed (to rid them of hormones). But just know that spaying is not a guarantee that they will bond. That will be up to them. It's advised to spay females regardless in order to prevent cancer.

Back