Diana's Zoo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had a chance to look through all yourpictures. I love them all. I had a friend with ahedgehog, and I was amazed at how nice he was to pet when his quillswere all down. He rarely had them up, always wanted petting.

Actually, it's funny because in your pictures of Rocky in his new pen,I didn't even see him in the cage all rolled up in his littleball! Not until the 3rd picture I was like... oh, the hedgyis in there!

And Ookpik is as gorgeous as ever - does her name mean anything? I don't remember seeing if you said...

Nadia

Hi Nadia, thanks!
I wish my hedgehog was like that, she doesn't like being handled atall. Rocky's usually in a ball while I'm holding her, she'sok if I put her on the floor, though. My cats are especiallyinterested in her, they don't know what to make of her!

And yeah, Ookpik is theInuktitutword forSnowyOwlor Arctic Owl.Ookpik's were little owl figurines made from sealskin and weretrademarked by the gov't of Canada in the 60's and were "the symbol ofCanada."My bf and Ichose the name whilewe were watching a documentary about Canadaback whenIwas just considering a rabbit. When the part aboutOokpik's came up, we laughed and said that'd be a good name for myrabbit. Then the part about "Cheemo" (was supposed to be theCanadian word for "hello" I dunno where they come up with this stuff,weirdo's) came up, we decided that would be a good rabbit name to, butI haven't gotten another bun yet.

~Diana & Ookpik

Hi everyone!
Here are a few pics of my bunny-bunny. And I got a newcomputer desk, so I added a pic of that too. Things are wellhere in the Yukon, the snow is *almost* all gone now, and it's abovezero most of the time! woohoo!

Alittle video ofOokpik jumping around the box from the desk.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mfuv7HCnu4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mfuv7HCnu4[/ame]

Ookpik's face:
STKI0002-3.jpg

Ookpik's butt:
STKI0003-2.jpg

Ookpik chinning the little tv stand that I had in here:
STKI0005.jpg

Here's my desk thatI justboughtyesterday, hence the lack of junk coveringit!

STKI0011.jpg

STKI0013.jpg

Well, that's all. I'm kinda tired, so I'm going to be short and boring today.

TTFN!

~Diana & Ookpik

Awwwwwwwww she's such a cutieeeeeee! It stillspins me out sometimes when I look at photos of Ookpik, it's likeBangbangs run away to Canada without telling me and is leading a secretlife!
Their bottoms look the same (accept bangbangs is gigantic)!!!Even the areas on their face where they are shedding and they get likea dark blue line, right down to their cute little lips! It's crazy!!
How's the little missy doing? Still being naughty? I hope she isn'tboxing you still... i'm lucky enough to have never been boxed byBangbang, however she did BITE/NIP me the other day after I hugged myneighbours dog!!!!!! I was stunned! She was equally unimpressed with mefor paying him attention!
Last question how's Rocky going?

take care!
Lara and Bangbang

Aww...Ookpik, you get more beautiful with every passing day...

:inlove:

I could just kiss your forehead for having such adorable bunny wips!! :D

Hi Lara! We're doing well here! But I'm kinda bummed that the best parts of my blog are gone! I hope they can find the rest! I dont' think I have any new pics of my brat, but I have a few of the cats.

lookoutwindow.jpg

Looking out the window.

inbed.jpg

Laying in the dog's bed.

Missyoneeye.jpg

Missy's eye is gone!

inbed2.jpg

False alarm! She's a two eyed kitty.

hahahha thats scary is really did look like her eye was gone :shock:!!
I love how you refer to ookpik as 'the brat', that term suits the bangbang too;)
Hows the little hedgehog going? I still want one:(

I absloluetly LOVE your hamster! I used to have a hamster named Cleo that looked almost exactly like your hammy. Rocky is the most adorable little creature I have ever seen! I have been wanting a hedgehog for the longest time. Does anyone know if they are illegal in California? If they are, then that is it for me. I am moving to Oregon when I'm older and will have all the hedgehogs, ferrets, gerbils, and chinese hamsters that I want! :grumpy::D

Diaaaaaaaaanaaaaaaaaaa!

I heard from a little birdee that you were thinking of adopting Newt the lop eared bunny. He is here on the island andI have met him a few times now. He is sooooo cute and such a chill bunny! He let me hold him a bunch of times. (jordi got mad at the smell on me, of course!).

Wow, look at all these replies! :shock:

Lara, lol I know! When I saw the picture I was all omg! and had to check her, I thought it was swollen shut or something! The brat fits all the animals here, brat dogs, brat cats, brat bunny and on and on, lol. Rocky is doing good, her cage needs cleaning, though, it's stinky! You should add me on msn if you have it, kaskawolfgrrl @ hotmail.com is mine. Anyone else can add me too, just make sure you say you're from RO so I don't think you're a weirdo stalker!

Thank you, ~Bracon~!!

Thanks Kathryn! Banded Sables are my favourite hamster colour. Cleo sounds lovely. I'm pretty sure that hedgies are illegal in California, what is with that state,banning everything? Rocky sure has a lot of fans, I will have to take more pictures of her for you all!

jordiweswhat you hear is true... I am trying to adopt Newt. But it's getting hard for me to find a way to get to Terrace to pick him up. I've obviously not kept up with my bf's training, he's not as obedient! lol. Why don't you fly up for a visit, then you can bring him with you! :D
Awwww, I'm glad to hear he's so personable! Ookpik will have nothing to do with me... unless I've got treats of course! She does let me pet her head now, though, and is always running up to seeif I have anything good to eat.I really hope I can work something out to get Newt, he seems like such a cool bunny and I love his colouring! I asked another friend if he would like to take a road trip to Terrace and he didn't say no...
I still have to email Simone about all this, before she thinks I've changed my mind! I was thinking of asking Air North to let him fly in the cabin, it's for rescue after all, it'll make them look good, right?

I do have some pictures of Ookpik for this post, one terrible dark one and one where she's sniffing at my leg. I was trying to get one of her standing up looking at me, but she moved. Then my batteries didn't have enough juice for the flash anymore. :?

I'm also eating some shepherd's pie that I had in the freezer, but the top kinda popped up a bit so it wasn't sealed. I think it was freezer-burned. Am I going to die? lol. Ok, that's all for now!

Ookfeedme.jpg

"Feed me..." (Notice the corner of the wall, where is appears to be chewed and peeled? I wonder who could have done that??? :X I built an NIC barrier for it.)

Ookdark.jpg

Terrible dark picture...

~Diana

Ok, Rocky fans! Here are some pics for you and some of Kagome for good measure. Not many pics mind you, all she did was stand there looking at her wheel for the longest time. I want to get rid of the shavings in her cage, so I bought a little baking sheet and put Yesterday's News in it and put it under her wheel since that's where see goes. Then I'll get fleece for the rest of her floor. I went to WM to get some since it would be the cheapest, but no one was around to assist me, I rang the bell and waited and waited. :X
Kagome even got bored watching her, lol.

Kagome4-1.jpg

"Why are you giving her my food?!?":( (Rocky eats a mix of Solid Gold and Orijen cat foods.)

kagowatching.jpg

"What a weirdo..."

rude.jpg

"I reeeeally dislike it when you take my box off me..."

whatsthis.jpg

"What's this? You've rendered my wheel unusable!" (Hehe, look at her rooting in the YN.)

~Diana

We usually go for a stroll along the river a few times a week, I finally brought a camera along. Not much to see this time, though. Last time we saw beavers, some kind of baby birds, and baby sandpipers. The sandpipers were the cutest things ever, they were little balls of fluff running around on these little stick legs *melts* they were supper fast, too. Anyways, here are some pics:

daisyscratch.jpg

Daisy scratching the ground.

daisyyannik.jpg

tugowar.jpg

Tug-o-war!

yannikriver.jpg

yannikriver2.jpg

yannikriver3.jpg

My attemps at nice pictures of Yannik.

river.jpg

river2.jpg

roses.jpg

These are some wild roses.

trolley.jpg

The riverfront trolley, Liza made us ride it all the time "look! my train! my train!"

charliebear.jpg

My moms dog, Charlie Bear, he looked funny laying there with his nose pressed to the ground.

~Diana

woah the landscape around where you live is amazing. I went to canada once when I was a teenager, I really enjoyed it. The countryside is really beautiful over there and you guys have the cutest fatest bees!
Daisy and Yannick are so cute together with their big smiley faces ;)

Thanks everyone! I will try to remember a camera when we go out. The Yukon is indeed beautiful country. I've been living here almost ten years and still get struck with the awesome beauty.

It's been a while since you've seen Totoro, I know. I know.
She's been doing well, keeping up with her hamster hobbies, running in her wheel and ball, stashing food, building nests, the usual.
She always likes to put her jingly cat ball in her igloo, it's so funny. That's just a random Totoro fact for you.
Yannik likes to try and eat her while she's in her ball now, too. Bad boy! He always likes to jump on your lap and watch her running around her cage, too.
I took some pics with my crappy camera of her digging in her food dish and grooming, there's also another video of her. (That appears to be stuck at 64% uploaded... so I will edit and post it later.)

food1.jpg

"What do we have here..."

food2.jpg

"No, I don't want any of this stuff..." *dig* *dig* *dig*

food3.jpg

"Ah, here we go" *munch* *munch*

food4.jpg

*munch* *munch* but closer... I don't know what she dug out...

grooming.jpg

Some grooming

grooming2.jpg

Some grooming with flash.

letmeout.jpg

Let me out! (I usually put her in her ball when she does her hamster dance.)

~Diana

Latest posts

Back