Diana's Zoo 09/10

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love everyone's names haha :) I wish I was creative enough to think up such unique names!

Rocky is so cute as well! I was contemplating getting a hedgehog at one point but got talked out of it because I was told "they're no fun, they poop on you and it's like pudding" haa is any of that true? I still want one, secretly ;)

I love newts colorssss, so much.

Omg, Shainabee... so sorry I didn't reply to you!! But this is me and I'm always bad at replying to people... lol
Thanks for the compliments. No, that's not totally true about hedgehogs. If you tame them they are good pets. Their poo is not like pudding, it's like cat poo, but smaller. Rocky has never poo'd on me, lol.

Wow, I didn't do a very good job at blogging last year, did I? I think I'll just continue on with this one since it's only one page long. If a mod stops by could you please change the title to "Diana's Zoo 09/10" Thank you.
Things have been alright for us, love living in my own home! Things are pretty tight atm, though, as I lost my job at the beginning of December. Yeah, merry christmas to me... lol. Oh well, the break was nice, but I'll have to get a job pretty soon here.

Ookpik and Newt are both well. Ookpik has renewed her dislike of Newt, unfortunately. She tries to bite him every chance she gets. He used to go around her cage a lot when I let him out, but now he just bypasses her, lol. The bunny I was going to adopt wasn't listed on the shelter's website anymore after we moved. Not sure if he was adopted, but I think it's more likely he passed on. :rainbow:

Daisy is still going, she'll be 16 this April. She's really starting to show her age, she's stiff and limps and I think she's losing weight. :( I know she can't go on forever, but it's so hard to accept. She's been my everything since I was 12 years old. Moving from my childhood home up to the Yukon, the death of my mother, having to move in with my sister, moving out on my own, heartbreaks, happiness... she's always been there. I know I'll never love another dog the way I love her. K.. enough of that... she's not gone yet! lol

100_1240.jpg

Daisy and I :hearts:

Yannik is his usual self, my little mama's boy. He'll be 4 this March. Here's a pic of him after we went for a walk. It's been cold here the past few days.

Snow040.jpg

Cats are well. They've adapted quite well to their totally indoor lifestyle. Though I sure that will change come spring time. lol

Snow014.jpg

Missy in a box with rabbit food.

100_1293.jpg

Kagome the kitty-loaf

Rocky is her same, grumpy self. Koemi is doing well. Fish are good, too. lol

This last year my zoo has lost Jacob, my telescope fantail, Shesshomaru & Kamajii, two of my bettas and my sweet little rattie, Kaede.
Rest in Peace and Health, until we meet again!

I have to do some nail trimming and grooming of rabbits soon, so I'll get some new pics of them up. I'll also try to take pics of everyone else, too. I've been so bad about pic taking lately!

TTFN!
~Diana

Hey Diana! Great to see you! Sorry to hear you lost your job. I'm glad Daisy is still goin'. She's such a cutie and always looks ridiculously happy. Good to hear the bunnies and kitties and Yannik and Rocky are well too, sorry to hear about your ratty and fishies though.

I also demand more photos of the curmudgeon and sweet little Newt!

Here I am!

Hi Rebecca, Kelly & Shiloh... here are the pics :p

First up is Newt...

BunnehsShiseido017.jpg

Can I escape?

BunnehsShiseido019.jpg

Fine, I'll just look cute...

BunnehsShiseido023.jpg

BunnehsShiseido026.jpg

Can I escape this way?

BunnehsShiseido031.jpg

BunnehsShiseido035.jpg

BunnehsShiseido037.jpg

BunnehsShiseido039.jpg

Ahh, that's the spot!

BunnehsShiseido041.jpg

BunnehsShiseido045.jpg

This is what I'd look like with up-ears!

BunnehsShiseido050.jpg

Missy says "beware... there's a rabbit about!"

BunnehsShiseido054.jpg

Chillin'

Now it's Pookie's turn...

BunnehsShiseido061.jpg

Melting... proof that she looooves me...

BunnehsShiseido063.jpg

BunnehsShiseido064.jpg

BunnehsShiseido066.jpg

Skooching up the towel

BunnehsShiseido070.jpg

BunnehsShiseido072.jpg

BunnehsShiseido073.jpg

This is what I'd loook like with up-ears

BunnehsShiseido075.jpg

BunnehsShiseido076.jpg

BunnehsShiseido077.jpg

BunnehsShiseido078.jpg

BunnehsShiseido079.jpg

And here's my betta, Shiseido:
BunnehsShiseido007.jpg

BunnehsShiseido012.jpg

TTFN

~Diana

Yay! Update! I love your betta fishy. I like the "uppy eared" versions of your bunnies. Being that I just woke up and am not quite with-it yet, I thought those were pictures of different bunnies.... Duh! I'm slow sometimes! Cute little crew, though!

Thanks Kelly & Rebecca! :biggrin2:

It wasn't so much the brushing I was worried about, it was the nail trimming. I got all of Ookpik's nails done, but not Newt's, which is a switch. It was easier to do Pookie's nail while she was on the counter versus holding her, I just took a paw in one hand and clipped and she just sat there. Newt wouldn't let me do it that way AND he wouldn't trance, little bum.

My cats are driving me nuts with their inappropriate scratching. They've ruined my carpet in four areas so far, grrr! I think they just have too much pent up energy, it's not like they have a lack of scratching posts and things.

Anyways, here are some pics of Pookie while she was running around the other day:

Bunnehs001.jpg

Bunnehs003.jpg

Mmmm, bunny thigh!

Bunnehs004.jpg

Bunnehs011.jpg

I kept tryint to get a nice pic of her relaxed in her spot...

Bunnehs012.jpg

But she kept jumping up!

TTFN!

~Diana

Thanks Dave! :)

Hi everyone,
Things are the same old and boring here. I've gotten into a bad habit of staying up all night and sleeping all day... so I have to get that sorted. I'm supposed to go to a movie at a film festival here tomorrow at noon, so that should help me get back on tract a little.Afriend and I aregoing to see a film called "The Horse Boy" it's about an autistic boy and how his parents get him healed. They travelled to Mongolia to have shamans work on him. It looks pretty good, my sister's seen it and recommends it.
My boyfriend and I are also going out for Lunar New Year tomorrow... I can't wait, to food is going to be sooo nummy!

Anyways, I just came to put up some pics:

First my kitty-kitties, they were so cute cuddled up sleeping on the couch together. But as soon as I got the camera, Kagome woke up, naturally...
KittiesBunnies002.jpg

KittiesBunnies004.jpg

Grooming her mama.

I *finally* got the rabbits cages set up properly. Newt just had a 2x3 pen and Ookpik was living in a wire dog crate. So today, I made a duplex, installed a shelf and put the foam floor down. I also ran out of Yesterday's News because I had to use it for the cat box. Luckily I had some carefresh-like bedding I got at Wal*Mart a few months ago, so I used that for the bunny boxes. I need a jooob!!! lol
K, here are the pictures:

KittiesBunnies006.jpg

The whole thing, as you can see it's smaller than their cage at our old house, but oh well.

KittiesBunnies007.jpg

Pookie

KittiesBunnies009.jpg

Newt

KittiesBunnies010.jpg

Pookie looking angry.

KittiesBunnies014.jpg

Newt eating hay & looking like a giant, lol.

TTFN! :biggrin2:

~Diana

Your rabbits are adorable! Might I ask where you got those foam paddings for the bunnies' cage floor? They look like you can find them at a daycare center lol, that's what I imagine when I see them.

Thanks Kelly!
Helen, I didn't do anything to her! She's just a curmudgeon. I love harlequins too, I specifically asked for one when I first got in touch with SARS to adopt my second bunny.
Thanks Izhang! I got the foam from Canadian Tire, but you can get them at Wal*Mart and probably Target, too. They are meant for playrooms or you can use the grey side for workshops to stand on. I like them because they give the buns more traction than the bare floors, though they do chew on it a bit sometimes.
I do too, Dave! Ookpik usually has interesting shed lines on her. lol

Ok no new pics of the buns, but I do have some old pics of Yannik when he was a baby. I found a photo CD while I was rummaging around, these were taken in 2006. I can't believe how small he was!

00900020.jpg

When I first brought him home.

00900019.jpg

That cow was his most favourite toy in the world! He would chew up all his toys, but not that cow... it was whole for over a year. He did eventually chomp it up, I bought him three in total, I think.

00900018.jpg

00900017.jpg

TTFN! :biggrin2:

~Diana

Here are a few new pics. Not much going on here, it's be really warm and our snow's been melting like crazy. Oh, I also have a job interview on wed, for a training possition with thegov't w00t!
I made my cats a new litter box out of a container. Cutting containers up is not an easy task!

CatboxandRabbits001.jpg

Here it is in place. I have wood pellets in it and the bun boxes, I really like it.

CatboxandRabbits002.jpg

My failed attempt at getting a pic of Missy in the box. She's been pretty ornery lately, lol.

CatboxandRabbits003.jpg

Pooh-eating dog deterent in place, lol!

And here are my bunny-butts, I really should take more pics of them outside of their cage, but it's just easier when they're contained, lol.

CatboxandRabbits008.jpg

Taking a papaya tablet.

CatboxandRabbits009.jpg

nom, nom, nom. (Ookpik got some, too, but her pics didn't turn out.)

CatboxandRabbits011.jpg

How dare you try and pet me!

CatboxandRabbits014.jpg

No, I won't come over!

CatboxandRabbits015.jpg

"Do you like your new litter box?"
"Meh, it does the job."

CatboxandRabbits016.jpg

CatboxandRabbits017.jpg

Nice and relaxed.

CatboxandRabbits018.jpg

And one more of Pookie.