Dewey has passed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happi Bun

Reaction score
I never thought I would be making this thread. :cry1:

Yesterday was such a wonderful day with Dunkin's 1st Birthday, but in an instant it turned to tragedy. At around 10 PM last night Dewey had a grand mal seizure that wouldn't subside. I wrapped him in a towel and we rushed him to the nearest Emergency vet that was open on Sunday.

When we got to the vet the technician immediately took him back to start Valume. He was given two injections of it but still hadn't fully stopped convulsing, but he was stable enough for the vet to come speak to us. We had a treatment plan all set up. He was going to stay overnight with a Valume drip, he would get blood work done and be de-wormed in case it was related to parasites.

That was when another tech came in saying Dewey had suddenly crashed and gone into cardiac arrest. He was dieing. I went back to see him... God it was awful. The vet was preforming CPR but he was gone. I held him and didn't think I was going to be able to let him go.

The vet kept saying that she wasn't an expert on rabbits, but she sure knew a lot more than the other "experts" I thought I was getting sound advice from. This angers me greatly. Just some quick advice for everyone, trust your instincts. Experts don't always know what they are talking about.

I love you Dewey, you left us far too soon.

:sad:

[align=center] I put together a dedication video, this is how I want to remember him; Happy...
[/align]
[align=center] [flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/uWbNBiulORU[/flash]
[/align]

[align=center]
DSCF0011-3.jpg

[/align]

Erika i am so sorry for your loss, and for how sudden it came on. Hugs to you, he was adorable. I am sure the video is a great video but the moment it started i started to get upset, so my appoligies for not being able to listen to it.

Binky free sweetie Dewey and Hugs to you Erika

OMG Erika, I am in shock! I am so, so sorry :tears2:

Dewey was just so adorable, we all loved him. I really thought that he had a good life ahead of him, despite his seizures. I guess it was all just too much.

You did everything you could for Dewey - not many would have taken him back, knowing his problems. But you did, and you gave him a loving, caring, happy life.

This is just so sad :(

Jan

Oh no, I'm so sorry. He was a gorgeous bunny. I have read your threads and stories. I'm so sorry for your loss.

:pink iris:Rest in peace Dewey:pink iris:

:rainbow:

No! Not Dewey! He was such a special guy, so sweet and adorable.

It makes me happy to know, though, that even though he had medical issues, he was with a mom would did everything to let him be as normal as he could. You really took great care of him, and his life with you was much better than it would have been in other circumstances. It was a very scary passing, but he had so many good days with you, Erica.

Big hugs, and binky free, sweet Dewey.

I am sorry to hear that he passed, Erika. He was a great little (sassy) boy. I will always remember him as the little poof-ball with gorgeous blue eyes, and the little stinker chinning everything in sight. Rest in peace, little Dewey.

:rainbow:

were so sorry for your loss of Dewey. He was such a gorgeous little bunny. We lost our Bonnie very suddenly, last week,and it sure leaves a hole in your heart. The tribute was beautiful--hang in there. Binky free at the bridge little man.

I cannot begin to express how touched I am by all your replies. It means a lot, thank you all!

:group:

Latest posts

Back