Dewey has passed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:'( Erika, I am so sorry to hear about Dewey's passing.
You did the best you could for him and no one else could have done anything better.

I am in tears right now after watching our video. What a beautiful, gentle rabbit he was.

He will be missed by many.

Thank you Dave, he sure was. Prisca, thank you very much for your kind words, it means a lot.

I've been finding it difficult when giving the bun's their veggies, especially parsley, because it was Dewey's favorite. I miss his little face peering at me and my heart just... aches.

Also, I'm now extremely paranoid about Dunkin's health.
sad0128.gif

It's okay to be paranoid about Dewey.
I realize that losing a pet is as emotional and as painful as losing a human friend. I'm here for you if you want to talk about it, just PM me.

I am so sorry to hear of Dewey's passing. You had made some tough decisions to try to re-home him, only to find out about his seizures. I was so glad that you took him back to give him the best care possible. He would have never been as loved and well taken care of by anyone else as he was by you. You did a great job trying to keep him calm and his surrounding quiet enough to not trigger many seizures.

Dewey truly is your little angel. Now it is his turn to take care of you....

Binky Free little Dewey. You will be missed by many. :pray::rainbow::bunnyangel:

myheart

thats video made me cry :(

im sorry for your loss, he would be glad to know you remember him and smile and remember the good times.

Binky free Dewey

Oh no! Not beautiful blue eyed Dewey!

I am so sorry. I can't believe he is gone.:tears2:

Binky free Dewey. Rest In Peace. You will always be loved.:pink iris::rip:

I still find it hard to believe he's gone. How he left this world was just so tragic. When we love and care for our pets with all ours hearts, of course we want them to go peacefully. What gives me relief is knowing he is whole again and no longer has to suffer from awful seizures. Also, that I was with him by his side. I truly believe he appreciated having the comfort of my smell, voice, and touch.

I found out another important lesson I learned from all this though. Those of you may remember the rescue I volunteer with was caring from him and going to adopt him out due to our life altering family tragedy. Then he started having the seizures so we took him back home. When he came back I realized in such hard times it's important to stick together, not drift a part. If he didn't have the seizures and was adopted out, I would have regretted it forever. I also saw how much he missed being home and with us.

I was listening to a Kenny Chesney song and part of the chorus I could really relate to.

It ain't fair you died too young
Like a story that had just begun
But death tore the pages all away
God knows how I miss you
All the hell that I've been through
Just knowing, no one could take your place

I'm so pleased that Dewey was back with you when he got ill. No one could have given him the same love and attention you gave him, and I bet that was a real comfort to him, especially at the end.

Those lyrics are very appropriate!

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
I'm so pleased that Dewey was back with you when he got ill. No one could have given him the same love and attention you gave him, and I bet that was a real comfort to him, especially at the end.

Those lyrics are very appropriate!

Jan
I cannot agree more, was excatly what i was gonna say.

Latest posts

Back