Demon Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~*Midnight Moon*~

Reaction score
Aww.. Look how sweet and innocent..

August31018.jpg

Think.. again?

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/Yuxn2RwCSwE&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Oh yeah.

Although, I kind of tortured her with that sweatshirt. Just wanted to show you guys what I go through feeding and cleaning that cage. lol My hand or that sweatshirt it is all the same. lol

My bf's bunny Frida is like that too, with a little tent she has (she's free range). She was a terror when she was kept in a cage (at the shelter). Some bunnies just need their own space, and will defend it, altered or not. I know altering isn't an option for you, since you breed, but the way I deal with cage aggressive bunnies that I can't just let have their own space (at the shelter there have been a few) is to go slowly, talk softly, and pet with one hand while I clean, feed, etc, with the other. Don't taunt her, and put your hand in there to pet her head when you have to go in the cage. You can gently hold her head down like some bunnies will do to show dominance over the ears, and that can keep her calm and away from your hand. If that fails, I recommend long leather gloves, or changing her cage setup.

I have a neutered one ( Joey) that acts like that but he is basically harmless just makes a lot of noise. i will try to get a video of him also. Same behvaior ;different bun

Idid have a bun who wasscarily aggressive before neutering and I wore a pair of gloves, long pants, socks and shoes when I dealt with him ...

he tamed down after he was neutered ....

Claire gave excellent suggeestions on how to approach him. sometimes they act like people ...act frighteneing when they are actually frightened.

Yeah. I have delt a lot with rabbits like this. Just wanted to post to show people. Getting them fixed is out of the question. Since they are Show and Breeding stock.

Sadly my rabbits dont get to run around all that much. I have so many of them and I dont really have any where that is safe for them to run around. I do have a run that I could throw her in for awhile.

We'll see right now I am managing ok. I will probably just start throwing her in a carrier whileI feed and Clean.

I put mine in a carrier with some hay while im cleaning and feeding and it works great. Before i put her in the carrier i usually hold her for a few minutes and have a bit of a cuddle and than she jumps straight into the carrier and sits there patiently until i finish.

When she gets back in she does a couple of binkies and gets stuck into her hay. Works really well for me.

Latest posts

Back