Demon Bunny Wash and Sweety Pie Zoey

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tundrakatiebean

Reaction score
here's the old blog: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=25588&forum_id=6

So I got Wash in July of 2006 when I moved up to Alaska. I adopted him from a lovely lady named Karan. We got a long a lot better after he got neutered and understood that I was the boss bunny. He's my baby and I knew he was getting lonely so I started the quest for a new rabbit - not only finding one, but convincing my family to allow one. I saw a brown bunny named Stewette at Anchorage Animal Control and she looked so sweet that I wanted to go see her. I used the pretense of dropping off a volunteer form (which I wanted to do anyway). I held her and she cuddled right up to me - she was so sweet. I was trying to convince my Dad when "stewette" disappeared from the animal control website - I was freaked. I called Karan to ask where stewette had gone since Karan is THE bunny person in Anchorage and volunteers at Animal Control. Turns out a friend of Karan's had taken all the bunnies (3) from animal control home with her. I got in contact with her and after getting permissions from my parents adopted stewette. Her name is now Zoey and she was introduced to Wash just today. So I decided to start a new blog of how their bonding process develops.

Pictures from the intro today:

IMG_9861.jpg

IMG_9863.jpg

IMG_9862.jpg

IMG_9866.jpg

IMG_9872.jpg

IMG_9874.jpg

IMG_9881.jpg

IMG_9879.jpg

IMG_9890.jpg

IMG_9894.jpg

IMG_9901.jpg

IMG_9904.jpg

IMG_9908.jpg

IMG_9920.jpg

IMG_9930.jpg

IMG_9935.jpg

IMG_9939.jpg

IMG_9763.jpg

IMG_9771.jpg

IMG_9778.jpg

There was a small amount of nipping and humping (all from Wash) which Zoey dealt with her way, ran away from nipping with a foot flick, just layed there and got humped. After that they seemed to get along ok - they either ignored or chased each other (playfully, not malicious). Wash groomed Zoey a tiny bit after I put some banana baby food on her head. The only problems I've had so far is that Zoey's litter pellets from her 'foster home' were made out of hay and are edible, so Zoey tried to eat her litter pellets. Easy fix - I just put some plastic canvas over her litter box. Zoey isn't fully litter trained yet and loves to sleep in her litter box! I'm sure I can figure something out for that. She is also already spayed - which is awesome :biggrin2:so yeah, overall I am uber duber excited right now!

Oh she's CUTE! and I can tell Wash thinks so also!

I can't wait to hear how they get along. She has the sweetest face!!

This photo - OMG she's gonna be boss one day! LOL!

IMG_9874.jpg

This is so exciting! The pictures are great - she is so adorable. I am so glad they are doing well already, sounds like a really good first meeting! :)I have high hopes for this blossoming relationship lol! I'm so happy for you Katie! and Wash, and Zoey too, she's a lucky bunny :)You are too!

Zoey looks so nice and soft! I LOVE her "boobs" too, so funny. Do does lose their dewlaps when they get spayed? I also like how she matches Wash!

You went and snuck off to get her without tellin' us! Did you have it all planned to go today? I'm so happy for you :biggrin2: Hooray for a good home (and a better name) for "Stewette"!

Congratulations on getting Zoey! She's really gorgeous! i'm glad to hear Wash and Zoey are getting along already :D keep the pictures coming!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Zoey looks so nice and soft! I LOVE her "boobs" too, so funny. Do does lose their dewlaps when they get spayed? I also like how she matches Wash!

You went and snuck off to get her without tellin' us! Did you have it all planned to go today? I'm so happy for you :biggrin2: Hooray for a good home (and a better name) for "Stewette"!

lol, some does lose their dewlaps or they shrink some. She was spayed a week or so ago, so we'll see if her 'boobs' get any smaller.

I did have it planned for today, but I've been so busy I wasn't sure if I was going to have everything ready so I wasn't saying much :)

Something else I was noticing - and it sounds kinda dumb probably but

Theymatch together..... like..... their colors match LOL!

LOL! I never thought about you doing that on purpose. You did, didn't you?

Is your house like that? All your shoes and purses match your outfits? LOL!

Whatever the reason - they are so cute! I'm in love with her!

I noticed in 2 of the photos, she's asking for grooms. She looks like a dollbaby.

I bet they will bond easily! I can't wait til you can post more pics of them.

I should have some more tomorrow, I'm at school so much today that I won't have time to take them out (probably, my late class might be canceled). But tomorrow I get home in the afternoon so I'll have plenty of time to be the referee ;)

I just went to visit with Zoey for a few minutes since I'm home for a while and she did a big ol' binky! She also took a craisen from me and then shoved her head under my hand for pets. She seems very at ease and comfortable. She also marked my finger when I stuck it out to her (a habit I have from Wash, he marks and then grooms my finger) went up stairs to see how Wash would react to that. He sniffed my finger for a second and then asked for pets. I think these two are going to get along pretty well :)Zoey's litterbox habits are getting better - she waited until she was back in her litterbox to pee even though she pooped ALL OVER the floor :shock:but I don't mind cleaning up bunny poo - it's the pee that's gross. She ate some lettuce today (she refused yesterday) and seems really comfortable in our house. :biggrin2:I promise I'll take more 'date' pictures tomorrow. Now back to school I go:p

Oh my goodness! They look like they will make such a cute couple, with the matching almost and all.

I'm glad to hear she settling in wonderfully!

:inlove:

And remember, we would like some videos too please. ;)

Oh that sounds wonderful! She's made herself at home already! I bet the pee was marking her territory - she likes it there!

Back