Delilah grooming her new bed??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Envyme

Reaction score
Ok, so I bought delilah a soft peach almost light tancolored bed. It is soft and short "haired"...Delilah LOVES to lick the bed. Over and over and over she will go to the bed and lick it. I do not understand why...does she think it is fur of another bun? I know that may sound like a stupid possibility LOL but I am at a loss as to why she goes out of her way several times a day to lick it. Any ideas?

Do you think that if I were going to bonding her with another bun the bonding may go better with a bun this color (same as the bed)?

LOL maybe! I have a bunny that grooms her dog bed thing, but she also beats it up (digs on it). I think Snowyshiloh's bunnies like to groom their sheepskin beds, if I remember right!

It definitely sounds like she's grooming it! My bun will lick cardboard ... so who knows what goes on in their heads. I doubt the color has anything to do with it though.

My buns love to lick my bedsheets and pillows, so who knows...

omg i have a pair of slippers that I wear to go outside... its fuzzy.. and i find both my bunnies like to groom it.. it's really gross!... They also both groom a rabbit stuffed animal that we leave on the floor for them to play with...

Ceaser likes to lick on his stuffed dog toy i gave him lol...but he does other things to it...i think hes in love with it...the best thing i could probably suggest is just make sure shes not eatting it.

Latest posts

Back