Dear Peanut

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've said before that those of us who are here - most of us are so close to our bunnies, we love them so dearly, they are a part of our family. When your animals mean that much to you, and you lose one - it's losing a family member! Those who don't have that sort of relationship with their "pets" do not understand. Thank God for the internet so that we have each other to lean on during these times.

It's just too bad we aren't closer to help. Sometimes just being with someone who understands can help. :hug:

I have no words.

Only tears.

I'm so sorry, m.e. This is the first I'm learning of this and I just can't stop crying over Peanut and Marshmellow. God, you poor woman! You certainly gave her the best life any animal or human could wish for. "I'm so sorry" just doesn't seem to cover it.

:bigtears:

[align=center]
peanut.png

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c41/mikoli1201/peanut.png

R.I.P. Peanut.
[/align]
I'm so sorry for your loss. Words seem so meaningless and empty in these types of situations, but this is the first Rainbow Bridge post that has made me cry. Not for Peanut. Peanut has gone to a place where she can no longer feel any pain, and she is happy. No, it is so much harder on you, m.e., and Rex, and all those who have been left behind in a world full of emptiness without their loved one. And so I have one last quote to pass onto you, in the slim chance that it will ease your pain.

[align=center]"Friendship never dies."

[/align][align=left]Rachel.
[/align]

Thank you, Rachel :in tears:

There goes the water works again!!
I thought I had cried myself dry over Peanut and Marshmellow, but Apparently Not! :sad:

I have not been able to post. Shoot not even read this thread. It hit like a ton of bricks. I fell in love from day one with Peanut. She was Ringo's love for a year now.

Her loss feels like lossing one of my own.

I posted this a looooong time ago for M.E. and it still stands true.

cert-1.jpg

Thank you, Alicia :hug:

I don't know what I would do without the support of everyone here. Thank you all so much :in tears:

Rex is amazing, and Iwouldn't be doing half as well as I am without having him around. We will be okay. We really will :rainbow:

Oh Emily,i am terribly sorry,i absolutely loved little Peanut,she was such a little fighter

Big hugs to you Emily:hug:

cheryl

How's Rex doing?
Still think of you and Peanut often.

Much Love,

Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
How's Rex doing?
Still think of you and Peanut often.

Much Love,

Carolyn

[align=left]

Thanks for asking, Carolyn :hug:

Rex is doing amazingly well. He's such a happy, sociable bunny. When Peanut was here he was 100% Peanut-centric. Without her he's rediscovering that there are, in fact, other living beings in the world :idea:D

I've never had him underfoot quite so much before, and this time instead of running off, he just sits there. I rub his nose and talk to him, and he hangs out by my feet. He's also found that he likes to bully, er,playwith;)the cats. He rolled one of the cats completely over onto her back a few days ago :shock:The cats are exceedingly gentle with him but definitely curious about his newfound boldness.[/align]

[align=center]

~ * ~ * ~ * ~[/align]

[align=center]
1838423768_849d5e8523.jpg
[/align]

hi, i'm so sorry for your loss. I felt like i had to write because once you messaged me about my beautiful lop Bugsy, they could've been brothers, they were so much alike. But, i lost bugsy too. he died on the2nd of may and it broke my heart. i never knew it would feel like that just so empty. my kids handled it better than me, and your words rang so true to me about crying late at night or in the car or sitting at the computer, where bugsy was always waiting for a cuddle, always having a lump in my throat. He died within a week of me realising he was sick.the photo with bobby-jo was taken 4 days before he died.he went downhill on friday and was moody and picky with his food, so i did all the usual, and he seemed fine, but by sunday he wasn't eating at all and no droppings. monday morning i took him to the vet, by this time he was wet from not lifting his bottom up to wee. The vet was great but said he had heart problems. i didn't think he'd pull through but we gave him the medication and made sure he was getting water, and bought pureed baby food, anything as long as he'd eat, but he didn't want it, bless him......i knew it was time. so with the kids at school, we went again to the vets and i told her i thought it was cruel to keep him alive anymore, we'd done all we could, he was saturated with wee at this stage and freezing, i kept giving him bum baths(KIDS CHOICE OF WORDS!!!)but he had no energy so he never dried. it was the hardest thing i've ever done for an animal.....
%3Ca%20href=
DSCF0386.jpg
" ALT="">

But time is a great healer and now i find comfort in reading all the rabbit tales again. i couldn't replace bugsy,he was our first rabbit and it seems unfair to his memory to replace him. We've still got bobby-jo and have homed another little stray kitten too.but bugsy will always have a special place in my heart, just likepeanut has in yours

photobucket.com
ccccc.jpg
" ALT="">

thank you all for all the advice you gave me over the three years, if ever in doubt i would alwayslog on and read how others dealt with the problem. and without this site i'd never have known the joys of having a house rabbitand how affectionate they can be.

photobucket.com
DSCF0498.jpg
" ALT="">

i hope your pain eases a little more each day xxx

Back