Dear Peanut

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
Dear Peanut,

It seems appropriate that you died in autumn, when the trees are giving us one last vibrant show before succumbing to the cold dark of winter. After living with head tilt for over a year, shortly before leaving us you faced the world once more right side up. You were such a brave girl, Peanut. I hope you know that you inspired many people and will be greatly missed by all who were blessed to know you.

Before you left, Rex gave you one last kiss. At the vet's office I held you in my arms and told you it was okay - you could go now. Stephen made you a beautiful box. We laid you in it wrapped in your favorite tie-dye blanket, a photo of you and Rex, a flower, and a prayer:

Heavenly Father, Creator of all things, thank you for having entrusted us with a loyal pet. We know that not even a sparrow falls without your knowledge, so we know that you are here with us today.

Lord Almighty God, this animal brought sunshine to us and was a vital part of our lives. Her passing has created a void in our hearts that cannot be filled. We do not question the will of God, but ask Him to be merciful in our loss.

Thank you for letting her teach us unselfish love. Thank you for the memories that we can recall to brighten our days for the rest of our lives.

Although Peanut will be missed very much, we give thanks to you for allowing us to have so many wonderful years with her. Thank you for this and for all thy blessing, Lord. In gratitude, we return our pet to you.

Amen.

We placed you in a clearing, under the protection of a beautiful tree, and marked the spot with a statue of a lop bunny. On your box Hannah wrote, "Here lies Peanut. A loving pet and friend." Your family will miss you so much, baby girl. Especially Rex. He took such good care of you this past year; I promise you now that we'll take extra good care of him.

There's no more pain, Peanut. You're free. Please run and play, and don't worry about us. You have given us so much and you will always have a home in our hearts.

Love,

Mom

Oh Emily, not Peanut...I am so so sorry hun. :tears2:

Binky free beautiful beautiful girl, you were such a special bunny - we will all miss you so much. :rainbow:

Emily :hug:

There's nothing to say...... my heart is achy. My face is wet with tears.

Emily, I know it's hard right now, but when you have a chance, could you maybe find a picture of her when she was healthy and post it? I remember some beautiful ones of her sitting in the sunlight......

I'm so sorry you lost her, but so happy you had her while you did.

I've been thinking about you and Peanut all day today. Even though I Knew what was going to happen, it is still so had to read this.

Peanut, you were a brave and beautiful little bunny girl. You will be sorely missed. Binky free little one.

Patti, Sparky & Scooter

Oh my.....I think this is one of the most touching threads I've read.

I have been crying for days now about Peanut....I think it is because I've had rabbits that have wry neck - and I have two little bucks fighting it now - and I had such hope when Peanut seemed to be better - and then to hear about what was happening....it just floored me.

I think it also reminded me of how I knew we were losing Ginger for days before we lost her...and how Art kept trying to make me face it.

Peanut was certainly loved and while I'm sorry for your loss - I admire the way you are handling it. I wish I had thought to put a prayer in with GingerSpice...along with one of her blankets and one of her bibs.

You and your family and Rex are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Peg

I am sorry Emily. This is a hard one.

Peanut has touched us all. She was a true inspiration and greatly loved by everybody who knew her.

Binkie free Peanut.

Rainbows :pink iris:

I can only imagine how hard this was. We all loved Peanut dearly. I am happy she had a chance to see the world straight on for one last time before joining the others at the bridge.

I've been thinking about you all day knowing today was the day.

(HUGS)

Nadia

Im soso sorry, Emily. Peanut was such an inspiration to all of us dealing with health issues. She was such a brave girl and you and Rex took such good care of her.

You're in my prayers, Emily. We're here for you.

Rest in peace sweet Peanut. :bunnyangel:

I miss her so, so much :bigtears:

I coaxed Rex to eat some parsely tonight; he made only a meager attempt to eat his dinner. I think that, in the end, giving him the chance to see Peanut one last time will have been better than simply taking her away, but he is taking it hard and my mama heart aches for him.

He was visibly shaken when he first saw her, and wouldn't actually get near enough to touch her, simply examining her and then stepping back. The only thing that's gotten him to come out of their cardboard hideaway tonight has been the blanket that was in Peanut's crate. He was sleeping on it when I left for work :cry2

Oh god, thats so sad. Have you tried putting a stuffed animal in with him so he has something to snuggle up to? Im just so sorry for you guys.

:bigtears:

displayimage.php

You know, I really do believe that they understand death. It's not pleasant but it's better than letting them wonder what happened to their friend.

I also think it helps them to understand the feelings they are picking up from us.

He should get through the biggest part of it in a couple of days to a few.

I know you miss her so much..... It's so hard. I know Rex misses her too.

Back