Dandruff?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lavendertealatte

Reaction score
I noticed a little bit of dandruff on the outside of Bunster's ear, the area closest to where the ear attaches to the head. Is this a cause for concern?

thanks for the link! I haven't ever seen any mites on Bunster and I have a pretty good eye, but I've seen what look like mites in his enclosure before. Wonder why.
Bunster also has eye boogers ...... is this normal?

Looked at those pics.. eeks.. yeah it doesn't look like conjunctivitis or an eye infection to me. He's always had some eye boogers since I got him so I think it could be congenital since this site says some rabbits especially lops or dwarfs can be born with kinked tear ducts.
https://rabbit.org/chronic-runny-eyes-in-rabbits/

Looks like just normal discharge I think, my bun always gets that like “sleep” that I pick off. Hopefully that’s all it is :)

Thanks Popsicles. Wasn’t sure if bunnies got that like I did hah.

Yeah the dandruff looking flake was a very very tiny piece but still I’ve seen tiny tiny bugs that look like mites in his pen while cleaning before so I’m concerned. I get dandruff myself lol but wonder if any amount of it isn’t normal for buns. I wonder if I can treat him myself or does a vet need to? I’m afraid based on stories that the vet will just say he’s fine anyway lol

Back