Daisy, Rascal, Suzi and Roscoe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=49814&forum_id=1

Click the Link to read about "the day before" and "the day of" Rascals neuter. I was a mess. :nerves1I had a long talkwith Rascal on the way to the vet. (telling him he had to come home to me)

Rascal is doing fine and I can pick him up in a couple hours :)Hope his recovery time goes well too.

IMG_0471.jpg

First 2 pic's are from them sleeping this morning. So sweet :)
IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg
From last night. :biggrin2:

Roscoe
IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg
Roscoe

IMG_0459.jpg
Suzi on right :)

IMG_0458.jpg
Suzi

IMG_0445.jpg

This pic was from a couple days ago. This is the old litter box. I bought a high back since then. I think it's cute how their both sleeping in it. :)

April,

I just love, love, love the picture of Roscoe up on the second floor. He is the little engine that could! You go Roscoe!!!

I also love, love, love the picture of him all stretched out with that one little leg and that great big tail behind him. How cute is that!

They must really trust you alot already because they obviously don't jump up to go and hide when you come into the room to take these totally awesome pictures!

Thanks so much for sharing! That just made my night!

Laura

P.S. Got my daughter's laptop to go online so she was finally able to see the pictures too! She is very happy!

Hi Laura. :wave:

Just home from the vet and got everyone settled back in. Suzi did NOT want to go in the carrier. They both got loose from me a couple times. I wasn't fast enough, then Suzi hid in the house and wouldn't come out. LOl. I had to move the house just to get her out. LOl.

Dr. Brauer said both Bunnies are fine and look great!! He checked them from head to toe! There was only one thing, but hopefully the meds will clear it up and it won't be a problem. Roscoes left ear had wax in it. So they cleaned it and perscribed a drop to put in his ear for 15 days, 2x's a day. Then he wants to recheck it.Doc wants to make sure it's fine so he doesn't get an ear infection causing head tilt.

But their just fine. :)And healthy. He said Roscoes leg looks fine, or "no leg" should I say. He felt that too. LOl. He said it was fine for Roscoe to jump up to the 2nd floor of the cage with no ramp/stairs. He said it's amazing what rabbits can do and it may even be good for him, to build strength. But he said I may want to make one anyway so he can choose to jump or use the ramp/stairs. Cause later if Roscoe gets arthritis problems in his only back leg. We don't want to stress it either, as he gets older. Hope that makes sense. LOl.

When we got home I let Suzi out of the carrier and she took a pee on the floor. It was a large puddle! LOl She must have held it the whole time. Poor Girl.

I gave them some veggies and now their just eating :biggrin2:

Thanks Laura for everything! :)I will take good care of them. We love them very much already......April

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
That's good that all the kids are in good shape. You'll gonna have to keep an eye on the wax as I'm assume it's in the ear with no leg.. So can can't clean it out.

Keep up the good work :)

It is the same side. Left side.

I ask the doc if it was cause his leg was missing, but he didn't really think so. He thought he would use his front paws to clean his ears.

Seems weird it's on the same side. :ponder:

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
I don't think the bunnies clean there inner ears with there front paws.

Just give the sweetie lots of love

I don't think Roscoe can sit back on his back leg and use his front paws to groom his face and ears. Like 4 legged bunnies.

The doc could see wax before he even put the scope up to look inside his ear. They could see wax on the outside.

He'll get plenty of TLC!!! :) All the bunnies will. Suzi is the only one that has nothing wrong with her. (knock on wood) Daisy and Rascal are recovering.

Hi April,

Thanks so much for the update on the babies! Sounds like Roscoe's ear had a lot of build up and I'm sorry I didn't clean them out before you took him home! I think we have only cleaned his ears for him once since he had his surgery and recovered.

We have another handicapped bunny at home and we have to clean her ear for her because she has buildup too due to the back leg not working to help clean it out.

I have seen Roscoe cleaning his ears with his front paws, but it can be a little tricky since his balance is challenging when he trys to do that.

I'm sure the drops you are using will dissolve the ear wax buildup and he'll be fine. It will just be a maintenance issue in the future.

I would think Suzi might help him with that issue, but maybe big sister is too grossed out by the ear wax thing!! :)

You are such a good bunny mommy!!! Thanks for takingthem bothin for a check up!

Laura!

I just put drops in and Roscoe wasn't happy. I had to use a towel. LOl.

I think they were mad at me for taking them out of the house yest(when we went to vet)cause they poo'ed all over the cage last night. LOl.

Laura, you didn't know I was gonna take Roscoe so it's no big deal. It's just wax and I'll just have to watch it in the future. :)

LuvaBun wrote:
lilbitsmom wrote:
I would think Suzi might help him with that issue, but maybe big sister is too grossed out by the ear wax thing!! :)
I guess sibling love only goes so far :D;)

Jan

Haha Jan, my girls are the same way! Luv ya sis, but nope, can't do it! Sorry!

Makes me laugh every time!!!

Laura

Latest posts

Back