Daisy Mae Needs Your Prayers (Resolved!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JUST now got back from a job and seen that my Benjamin's little friend Daisy-Mae is ill. I am so sorry to hear this. Try and get her to eat some romaine lettuce besides whatever other greens you are giving her. They are high in water content so should help with flushing that toxin. Just keep up with the critical care, our prayer are with her and you.

Dutchie seemed to have a better night. She did eat the carrot tops (now i have to find some somewhere today). I don't think she pee peed herself she was a bit soiled but that could be from the loose poo poo she did last night. I did clean her bum with warm water then put that cream on it.

I gave her medicine followed by a few small syringes of H2O. She ate blueberries and i gave her a little Critical Care, also washed down with water.

Just before i left she was on the upper level eating a bit of your willow branches and leaves. Oh My Goodness i gave her more wow she ate so much of it which is a good thing.

Wow that cream is a lifesaver, it looks like it really working. At least it's protecting the skin from any urine.

You tell Benjamin thanks from Daisy, she doesn't know if Benj would still love her because she has a bald bum and a poodle tail.:shock:

Susan & Daisy Mae:)

Benjamin sends lots and lots of nose bounks and he still loves her. Poodle tail and bald bum, who cares just as long as she is getting better. The rest will grow back. Beauty is just skin deep or in this case fur deep, the real beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Daisy-Mae in one beautiful, drop dead gorgeous bunny. Keep getting better Miss Daisy-Mae - Santa is only a few weeks off. Maybe he can bring you a bum warmer. lol

So glad to hear that Dutchie is doing better. Sweet little girl. Ya know who does not care about your poodle tail or bald bum is Tattoo the Octopus. He still thinks you would make a lovely cefalapod bride. Just something to consider when your feeling better :)

Hi, everyone, thanks again for the well wishes and advice for Dutchie.

Katie, you tell Tatoo that Daisy's bum has a slight resemblance to to him. "HAIRLESS: :shock::shock:

She has really shown great improvement, she's drinking a fair asmount of water on her own, eating a few treats and started to eat the greens.

She is pooing a good amount but they are small an a much lighter colour.

Still have over a week on antibiotics to give her. Oh Joy. She is not real keen on me syringing her.

Thanks again, i will keep you posted on her progress.

Susan:)

double posts of Daisy-Mae looking so regal are just fine. Would imagine that the antibiotics have something to do with the misshaped, different coloured poo. Benjamin hated having things syringed too. Then his fur fell out under his chin after from having food etc always on it. Had to wash it continously but still fell out. She may be slightly bald at both ends. lol Poor little dutchess.

Sorry Susan, just seeing this now. I hate to think of Daisy Mae being sick - and I bet she isn't too pleased on having a bald butt either ;)

Glad to hear that she seems to be improving. What is the cream you are using on her? Sounds good!

Hugs to both of you

Jan

Oh Alma, Daisy would be mordified if she knew she may be bald at both ends.:shock::shock::shock:

Thanks Jan, it's so upsetting when one of our Babies is ill.

The ointment is:

Dr. Maggie
Skin Care Ointment for Pets

www.drmaggie.ca

I contacted them to make sure it was ok for Rabbits and they replied that it was. I find it has really helped the chapped skin and also protected her skin when she did have pee pee accidents. (poor baby has always been so good with her litter habbits:(.

Susan

:sickbunny: <--- Me & Daisy

I have been following this entire thread and am very happy to learn that Daisy Mae is improving. I know how scary it is to see a beloved bun feeling sick and experiencing pain. And, like you, I've often wished that I could take on the pain/illness, if it meant the bun in question could be pain-/illness-free.

I will continue to keep Daisy Mae in my thoughts and prayers. :pray: Please give her nose pets and snorggles for me. :D

Jenk

Thanks Jenk & Jim for your kind words and prayers.

Hey Jim I think I had that cream once for myself. I must get some more of it. Actually maybe it will help my Eczema.

She seems to be getting better, still not eating a ton, her poos still quite light in colour though.

Susan:):)

Sending prayers and good vibes to Daisy mae!! I hope she's fine soon!
If she doesn't want to eat, maybe you can make some juice with her favorite leaves or carrot (whatever) in the blender, then strain the juice, get the blended solids from the sieve and make little balls like pellets. When MILU was sick I gave him them (and syringed the juice). If he didn't want to eat them, I'd put them into his mouth and made sure he really ate them (he was smart, sometimes he pretended to eat and spat it all out very subtly!)
Well, it's something you can make to increase the size and quantity of stools in case she doesn't want to eat.

One more thing that helps a lot when a bunny doesn't want to eat is to eat something in front of them (hehe) or make noises like the noises they make when they chew (I found out my rabbit associated me typping on my keyboard with eating, because of the noise like him chewing) it works better if you have a dry leaf or paper and you use it to make some noise with your nails like a bunny chewing.. it makes them want to eat :)

I hope she doesn't need any of this advice anymore, and gets well soon. Ben and Tattoo are waiting for her, with or without a poodle tail! :)

Thanks everyone for the prayers and advice.

She's eating about 1/3 to 1/2 of her greens. It takes her much longer to eat that amount though.

She has been getting out of her cage on her own, which is a good thing. Four more days of antibiotics. YEAH she is no fan of getting the meds syringed.

Thanks again.

to help with the syringing, what size are you using?

When Jelly had her antibiotics, she hated them until I started using a 1 ml. syringe vs. the 2 ml. She didn't put up a fight anymore and then I just refilled it so she'd get the whole dose.

Thanks Mia, I have both sizes, I am using the bigger one, I'll try 1ml this evening.

BTW I LOVE the bunny in your Avitar.:big kiss::inlove::heartbeat:

Latest posts

Back