Daisy Mae Again.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want you to know how much we are pulling for you and Dutchie. Your not alone in this at all. I check the forum constantly for updates. She is so dear and sweet. Please hang in there and you have my email address if you wanna really chat. I don't know what I would do if my baby was sick. Stay strong....Katie and Fraggles.

Okay you don't check things out for a couple of days, and find out your darling is sick. Hang in there Daisy Mae. If this continues I would ask for a culture to make sure that they are using the right antibiotic. Wonder if if can be caused from the antibiotic stripping the gut. Did you try some animal probiotics on her. I know she is tired of being syringed, but what else can you do. Poor little girl. Wish some of us were closer that we could take her when you are at work. Prayers and hugs for both of you.
Alma and Benjamin

Thanks Alma and Katie for your kind words.

Daisy seems to be improving, (But i thought that before.) She sill be on the medication for 3 more days. Oh joy more syringing.

Susan & Daisy

PS
Daisy wants to send kisses to Benjamin and Nose Bonks to Fraggles

I haven't been on facebook or the forum much - I did see a couple of days ago where you were taking Daisy Mae back to the vet.

I'm so glad she's on meds and I hope she continues to do better. The fact that her urine smelled so bad really concerns me and I'd be more worried about pushing fluids than critical care and stuff. You might want to add a tiny bit of vanilla or baby apple juice to her water to give it a bit more flavor and see if she drinks more.

Prayers and loving thoughts going out to you and Daisy Mae.

Have you tried mixing the CC with baby food? I think it helps make it a bit more tasty.

Poor Daisy Mae :hug: Paws crossed and nose bonks that she gets better soon.

Anderson Warren

Thanks everyone. She "Appears" to be getting better but I thought that last week too, so I'm not jumping to any conclusions at the moment.

She's eating pretty good, including lots of hay. I'm still giving her the 1/2 pill twice a day and Metacam once a day. I think she's mad at me because she doesn't have pellets. When the Vet calls today I'll ask her if I can give them back to her.

Good idea Brandy, I never thought about mixing CC with something else. She like the apple baby food.

Susan:)

Hi, she seems to be improving.

Still on the medicine till tomorrow. Eating well including lots of hay.

No more stincky pee, poos seem normal.

Let's hope she is finally on the mend 100%.

Thanks for asking.

Susan:)

Back