Daisy Mae Again.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
I thought my Daisy Mae was all better, she was eating and drinking well. Using the litterbox for lots of Poo Poos and Pee Pee.

Well last evening she just didn'tlook good. I gave her 2 doses of Ovol. This morning I woke to her smelling of very strong urine, she hadn't eaten any of her greens or even Oat Groats. She did a few mushy poos.

I tried to give her some Critical Care, god i hate force feeding that. I got maybe 25cc in her. Gave her a bit of water. She was eating some hay in the litterbox (a couple of times).

Her last poo before I left for work had a bit of mucous in it. (God I went through this with Buttercup a few years ago.)

I won't be home until around 6 this evening. I don't know if I should make an appointment for late this evening or tomorrow early morning.

Prayers please. This is too much in such a short time to deal with.Loosing two bunnies within a week 2 1/2 months ago and now this.

Susan:(

Oh. My heart goes out to you and prayers I'll always send. She'll be ok.

Oh no! I was so glad she was better. I will definitely be thinking of beautiful Daisy Mae.

Hi Susan ,
I am so sorry that you are going through all of this :(
Iwould probably make an appointment as soon as you are able as long as she has had this previously and it is returning so quickly

:pray:Maureen

She has an appointment tomorrow at 12:20. It's the first one I can get.

Should I continue to try to feed her the CC. And any good hints on how to syringe it would be greatly appreciated. I feel terrible when i'm trying to syringeinto her little mouthand I have these Big Beautiful Blue Eyes looking at me saying "No More Mommie'.

Susan:expressionless

Oh no! I hope Daisy Mae gets well soon.

My Sweetie is a bit off right now, but I have a ton of noise going on in my apartment.

Give Daisy Mae a ton of TLC. You could see if there is a forum member who lives close to you who will keep an eye on Daisy Mae for you while you are at work, so that she doesn't have to be all alone.

I wish I was closer to you, I would watch her for you while you are at work and give her tons of TLC.

Also I would still give her the Critical care and I hope that she gets well soon.

Oh I couldn't believe it when I saw tihs post in the subject line. =/
I'll definitly keep praying for her!

Thanks everyone for the kind words and prayers.

She did not eat during the day as far as i can tell. I think she did nibble on hay. She did some small poos and a big clump of cecals.

I did syringe some Critical Care into her, oh my gosh she really does not like it.

She been eating quite a bit of hay this ecvening and done some smaller poos. She's eating a little bit of greens.

I'm still taking her to the Vets tomorrow, just to make sure she is getting better.

Susan:)

Thanks Katie. She did eat some greens through out the night and hay.

She had a very large loose STINKY poo poo. I'm definetely going to keep the apointment today. I want to make sure she's ok and nothing else is wrong with my Daisy Mae.

Having sick bunnies is so darn stressful.

Susan

Well she gave me Cisapride 5 mg to give her for 5 days. She also gave me Metacam for 5 days. She said doesn't think she still has the UTI, her not eating concerned her.

I have to take her pellets away for a couple of days and push hay and veggies.

She's very happy the way her bum has cleared up. OMG it was so raw and irritaed a couple of weeks ago.

She ate some veggies today not a ton but a fair amount.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Susan :)

Latest posts

Back