Custom-painted name plaques

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thumpers_Mom wrote:
do you do doggies by chance?:ponder:
I probably could paint a dog (or just about anything else for that matter), but the price may vary as things that are more detailed will take more time.

FYI, here is what I used to hang Gideon's plaque on his cage.

Picture hooks nailed into the back of the plaque, upside down (as compared to their intended use on a wall), will allow the plaque to hang off the side of a wire cage. In this photo, the top of the plaque is to the left:

n16300416_35065272_8104.jpg

Gideon (standing on top of his color-coordinating hidey-box) approves:

n16300416_35065273_8705.jpg

Aww, how adorable! He has the floofiest little tail... I love white bunnies. There was one up for adoption (aka abandoned by it's owners) at Petco a couple weeks ago, he was SO cute and I wanted him but couldn't have him.

How easy do you think it would be for the bunnies to chew the plaques if they're hanging from the outside of the cage? My bunnies are a rather nibbly crew. If necessary I could just hang the plaque on the wall over Phoebe Mae's cage though!

Also, last night I got such a cute idea... a Christmas plaque! All red and green and the bunny with a wreath or a bell or something.

Yes, I did get it. I could have sworn I posted in this thread, but I guess it didn't go through.

I loooove the plaque. I am so excited to be able to give my friend such a special gift. It's beautiful!!! Thank you so much.

Hey I missed the update the other day! The new plaque is gorgeous. Can't wait to see Phoebe Mae's plaque! I was at Joann's the other day and saw the plaques you use there, I actually bought one to try my hand at. Not to worry, I'm not going to paint bunnies (mine would look terrible anyway), I'm going to try to paint a wintry snowman scene and use it as a holiday decoration! I love snowmen and figure I can't mess up painting white circles, an orange triangle and tiny black circles.

School is out for winter break, so I am making some progress on plaques...

Here is BlueGiants' completed plaque:

n16300416_35133602_3501.jpg

The border and text look white in this photo, but they are actually a cream color. Because it's not likely to arrive by Christmas, I included a little Christmas in the photo for you. :)

It looks great! Can't wait to see Phoebe Mae's :biggrin2: How many more plaques before you get to mine?

Woohoo! Can't wait to see it! When do you think it will be finished? I'm actually going to spend today working on a Santa plaque for my boyfriend's mom for Christmas, hopefully it turns out okay!

I'm on winter break, so chances are good I'll get it done this week. :) Next in line will be SOOOSKA's Winston.

I was wondering how Winston's plaque is coming along?I told the hubby he was getting one more belated Christmas gift and he's getting excited. All he knows is that it's Winston related.

Susan:)

EileenH wrote:
So much for my photography skills. Here's another one, I think it might be clearer:
AssortedNov08006-1.jpg

The stain looks like a knot in the pine that "bled through" - some paints do that - prepping the wood so the paint holds may help.

I love the work - I do the same type of handpainted wooden signs (all types of pets, horses, etc) so it is good to see the price I am asking is the same.

Denise

Latest posts

Back