Custom-painted name plaques

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do you go to vet school, Blue Moon?

(One of my former riding students is at Cornell vet school and she loves it. Can't believe she is in vet school now- I taught her riding when she was 10 years old and when she was an undergrad she was captain of her riding team...I feel old.)

Denise

SOOOSKA wrote:
I was wondering how Winston's plaque is coming along?I told the hubby he was getting one more belated Christmas gift and he's getting excited. All he knows is that it's Winston related.

Susan:)
I was hoping to get more done over winter break, but of course things did not work out quite as planned... Phoebe Mae's plaque is 80% done, & Winston is next in line.

DeniseJP wrote:
The stain looks like a knot in the pine that "bled through" - some paints do that - prepping the wood so the paint holds may help.

I love the work - I do the same type of handpainted wooden signs (all types of pets, horses, etc) so it is good to see the price I am asking is the same.

Denise
I think you're right, I have been choosier about the plaques I've bought, & hopefully this will not be an issue for any of the newer plaques. Eileen, I will try to fix yours if I can. I also have a new type of varnish that is supposed to be UV-resistant, so the paint on newer plaques should be less likely to fade over time.

DeniseJP wrote:
Where do you go to vet school, Blue Moon?

(One of my former riding students is at Cornell vet school and she loves it. Can't believe she is in vet school now- I taught her riding when she was 10 years old and when she was an undergrad she was captain of her riding team...I feel old.)

Denise
I'm at Cornell too, if your student started school this year it's probably someone I know! :)

Blue Moon:

Yes, my former student just started vet school this year... and she showed Hollands with me years ago - she has the last bunnyfrom my line that created her line - he will be ten this year - a broken tort buck.

Denise

BlueMoon, Phoebsie heard her plaque is almost done and wants to know when she can seeee it! :biggrin2:

Sorry to leave you hanging for so long, Phoebe Mae!! As usual, I underestimated the amount of time I am supposed to devote to studying while in vet school. ;) I have an exam coming up next week, so reading about cell biology has been eating up a lot of my time (yes, even over winter break, haha.... we don't really get breaks!). Of course I can't study ALL the time, I just might finish it this weekend. I hope you will find it was worth waiting for, because it might be the prettiest one ever!! :)

I got mine today and it's gorgeous! Thank you SO much! I had to hang it right up! You are SO talented!

So Miss Phoebe's plaque is not quite finished (flowers are to be added shortly), but I did not want to leave poor SnowyShiloh hanging any longer! Here is Phoebe Mae's plaque *almost* done:

n16300416_35287566_7377.jpg

Ooooh, it's perfect! Phoebe Mae definitely approves :yes: You did the lettering so well and she's just adorable! Everyone, here's the picture Phoebe Mae was painted from:

Snowbunny003.jpg

Very nice! It's so lovely right now, can't imagine how nice it will be with the marigolds! The Mae in Phoebe Mae is short for Marigold, I've had to call her Phoebe Marigold a lot lately because she keeps getting into mischief :bunnydance:

Thanks so much!

I wish! That is awesome! I think I may have to figure something!

That plaque of Phoebe Mae is Stunning.

I can hardly wait to see Winstons.:pinkelepht::bunnydance::party::bunny18:rabbithop:trio:running bunny:weee:

Can you tell I'm excited.

Susan:bunny18

Beautiful! All the plaques you've done are great, but I think Phoebe Mae's is the prettiest :biggrin2: Once it gets here I'll have to take a picture of her with it. I'm trying to decide where to put it because I'm afraid she'll chew it if it's hanging from her cage. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy school schedule to make Phoebs' plaque, Michelle!

Yay!! :biggrin2:

It will be just a few days before I can ship it, it needs a couple layers of sealant and has to dry thoroughly. Soon, though. :)

I just wanted to let you know I got Winston's plaque on Friday.

Both Chris and I just LOVE:heartbeat: it. Thanks so much for painting it for me.

Susan:bunny18

I want to see a picture of him with the plaque!

Back