Quantcast

Curved male rabbit reproductive organ

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Floyd2019

Reaction score
My 1 yr old male rabbit was playing and i was watching him because he is so cute, when he statted to hump his favorite stuffed toy. This is normal as he is not neutered so normally i just look away and laugh, but i noticed that his penis has quite a curve to it.
Like shaped loke a hook, and i don't know if this is normal??
I tried googling rabbit penises and honestly didn't see one like his so now i am a little concerned. I don't think he is having trouble peeing and i haven't noticed missing fur but he rarely lets me hold him let alone check under his body so i don't really know if he has urin burn or not...
I'm concerned

majorv

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He might have a split penis. You can do an internet search for pictures to compare with.

majorv

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, but he can never be bred because it’s a genetic trait

Preitler

Loony bunny guy
Reaction score
No, but he can never be bred because it’s a genetic trait
May I rephrase that, just to avoid misunderstandings?:D
He should definitly not be used for breeding, because the offspring can inherit that defect. A split penis can make breeding difficult or even impossible, but it's not like you can get him an unspayed girl as cuddlebun and not end up with a pile of bunnies ;)

If he's fine with it and doesn't pee himself it's ok, but noone can tell how the offspring would be affected.

majorv

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did misspeak. He can’t be used for breeding at all.

SableSteel

Reaction score
That is pretty normal. You'd probably need a closer look to determine whether it was split penis or not, but split penis is a relatively uncommon condition.

Latest posts