Crispin's in the Hospital :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like what? We've been mixing his liquid meds with a dab of baby food, but I'd have to use a lot of baby food to get the critical care to a pasty consistence. We don't have any juice on hand at the moment, either.

Quick video of Crispin enjoying home life:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F36dM_nxyMI&list=UUNzxrqd0oYVo50SUMijqxTw&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

When my bun had GI stasis and I had to feed him critical care, he didn't like it either, so I would get a firm hold on his head so he couldn't turn it away, and put the syringe in the side of his mouth, and I would slowly squirt a little in at a time so he didn't aspirate anything. But if your bun is eating hay, my understanding is that the hay is the best thing that a rabbit could eat for stasis problems and that the critical care is a supplement mostly if they aren't eating at all or not eating enough. I think it's usually stress or too many carbs and sugars that cause the stasis problems, so I would definitely not give any grains or sugary treats, but leafy greens should be ok unless your bun has diarrhea or the vet told you not to. I don't know about feeding him his pellets though. My bun had stasis problems because of his pellets. They have grains and molasses in them. If he's eating plenty of hay then you're probably good til you can talk to the vet tomorrow. But if you feel like you should give the critical care then that's how I did it with my bun.

Back