Crazy bunny and kids.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hok9

Reaction score
I have 2 kids and 3 bunnies. Sometimes i let my fast bunny (chip) out to ru when the kids are playing just to let him run and get chased. He doesnt seem scared and will actually binky when the kids chase him. Sometimes he will even chase after them. I only let him do it because the other 2 are a little slower and will stay still if chased, not good for kids wanting to squeeze them. I was wondering if anyone else had a bun like this. oh, my kids are 3 and 1 1/2.

i dont think it a good idea for children to chase a pet rabbit. a rabbit is a prey animal - on everyones food list - and the binkies, whilst often for joy - can also be for defense. children of that young age need so be supervised when around animals. i just wonder why anyone would want their pet bunny to 'get chased'?

I didnt start by doing it. he would get out and the kids would chase him around. He is really calm around them and doesnt seem threatend.(i.e. when he gets away he will start to clean himself.) I was just curious about him chasing the kids around, like a puppy.

My Chinchilla rex used to chase my 2 dogs around (one was a German Shepard, the other was a mini schnauzer)..they both had a blast - I swear the rabbit would do it just to make them look foolish...she literally ran circles around them.
This was when we had 3 cats, 3 dogs and the rabbit.
The only other dog she couldn't fool was the Pembroke Corgi - the corgi was always trying to herd her and the other animals into a corner, lol - was rather comically to see. All that being said - none of the other animals bothered her, but especially the schnauzer loved to play with the rabbit - and she would chase him around when he was done chasing her.

Latest posts

Back