Craisin Quantity Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kherrmann3

Reaction score
Hello, simple question here! How many craisins are OK to be fed in one day? I bought the Ocean Spray regular craisins, and just wanted to know how many can be fed per day and still considered to be OK. Berry-Boo likes them for the most part, but Toby LOVES them! He is a four-pound Nethie. How many are OK to feed him as a snack per day?

Well, they don't need any, but mine get them as a treat also. Bo can only have 3 or 4 without showing some mooshy poos. He can't eat a lot of green veggies either. Tony could eat the bag and Clover could eat half the bag. HOWEVER, I think 1 or 2 a day is more than enough. THat's like a candybar for them.

My sister babysat my animals for me one weekend when we just had Bo. She said she fed him...... I asked if she gave him any treats? and she said "OH YES! I gave him several of those craisins..... " I said "Oh no, how many is several!" She replied "I lost count - it was so cute how he begs and sticks his nose through the cage wanting more!"........ :? He had mooshy poops and I think the bag was 1/2 gone.

Would I be able to cut the craisins into smaller bits and feed them "more often" if that makes sense? Toby is snubbing me because I am guarding the bag right now...

You'd think you could, they're still getting the same amount overall.....Wouldn't it be better as they could break it down easier?

He is so mad at me right now! Will gave him at least six crainsins last night, before I knew what he was up to. That explains the super-fast binkies and bunny-500's last night... Now Toby's mad that I "cut him off".

EDIT: Here is the look he is giving me. I took the picture from the bed, so this is what I can see to the left of the laptop screen. It's not a happy sight.

I do that! I make little pieces so they actually think they get more.

Toby doesn't look like he's in need of extra craisins! LOL! how pitiful is that face?

Aww, poor Toby's going through craisin withdrawal! :p

I give my buns a craisin or 2 once or twice a week, but they're terrible beggars...they think theyre entitled to
anything in a crinkly wrapper. :p

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I do that! I make little pieces so they actually think they get more.

Toby doesn't look like he's in need of extra craisins! LOL! how pitiful is that face?
He is still sulking! He's in the same spot, too. He's moved around a few times, but he went back to the top of the condo base and is giving me the evil bunny eye. He's not fat, either! I weigh him weekly, and he is only up about 0.4 of an ounce! He fluctuates between 4 pounds/0.2 ounces and 4 pounds/0.7 ounces. The vet even said that he isn't overweight :p Hez not fat! Hez fluffy!

That's so funny! I can't believe he's that upset with you! LOL!

I figured he was a fluffer butt! Bo gets that way and so does Tony! Tony looks about 2 pounds heavier than he really is!

Ok do you want how many they should get or how many I give?:shock:

I give 3 in the morning and 3 at night. Rob does too. So that is 6 and 6. An a few at random times. I also sometimes grab one bun who gets extra on the bed with us.

Reading this post is making me want craisins.... LOL
Oh and lookie here! I have a bag!

I was wondering this myself... I had this bag and I wanted to give one to my bunnies (well not Dolla now) and see if they liked them but I didn't know if the Ocean Spray ones were okay to give. Now I know! :D

Oh and that picture... Yeah he does not look happy! :p

My buns don't like craisins! At all! :shock:

They do go mad for banana chips/dried banana though.... Chalk is literally on her toes trying to squish her nose through the cage if I so much as rustle the bag! They get one piece each night before I go to bed, in return for goodnight kisses... Somedays they get an extra bit during the day, but not always...

Is dried banana as sugary, or moreso than craisins? :ponder:

I've heard that banana is very sugary. I don't know how sugary, but yeah. Toby goes nuts for dried papaya and banana, too. He's not sold on the banana, but he does enjoy them! So, he likes dried banana, papaya, and now craisins. I wish I would have know that in early Autumn (that he liked cranberries), because I was up North during the stupid cranberry festival and could have gotten a ton of them for cheap!

kherrmann3 wrote:
I was up North during the stupid cranberry festival and could have gotten a ton of them for cheap!
:shock: A cranberry festival? Sounds like bunny heaven!! :panic:

My buns also like dried pineapple, you tried that? They don't go as crazy for it as the banana though.... it depends where we get it from actually, in one supermarket the dried stuff is REALLY dried and probably not that tasty, but from another it's dried but still quite sticky and you can smell the banana/pineapple more...

He hates pineapple. I think that has something to do with being force-fed pineapple juice when he had tummy problems! lol

Yup, Wisconsin has a lot of cranberry bogs up North. There is a cranberry festival every year. I've never gone, but I've made fun of my mom for going.

Latest posts

Back