Craigslist

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh, I see. I wouldn't want to go one there for that, either :(

Most of the buns here are black dwarf mixes. For awhile, before Berry-Boo, I was looking for a friend for Toby. I will be again once Berry-Boo finds her forever home, but for now I have to wait. There are a lot of young lops around here, too. Mostly boys.

Kelly, couldn't you bring the cat to the shelter, and leave a note attached to his file for them to call you if they get to the point of euthanasia? That way, you'd get him back, and keep trying.

I put up a general ad for my Walmart cat, and have had probably at least 8 calls from ppl thinking he might be theirs. I gave them the info of where he was hanging out, and they went to look.

I bet if you put up a pic, somebody would recognize him and come get him :)

The shelter doesn't do calls. When you call them, they never answer. It was a nightmare there. All the feral kitty rescues were full and I couldn't find anyone within two hours. The last cat was going for blood, too. It was just WILD.

BSAR wrote:
RexyRex wrote:
Speaking of Craigslist :grumpy:

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/pet/905978653.html

I hate people sometimes...I really do :(
That just broke my heart! How incredibly rude! I'm in tears :cry1:

with ears??? does your rabbit's ears magically fall off when they reach a certain age or something? and why would anyone list that their pet smells? i haven't even seen the bun and already i think he needs to come live with me. and i love the part added about "no researchers". if the bun is living in that horrid conditions he better off hopping over the bunny bridge. i know i'd rather die then smell and have no one take care of me. makes me so mad and disgusted with people.....

......ok sorry for the rant. i'm kind of in a bad mood anyway with life in genereal and seeing that post was just the limit for today on how much i could take.

some recent "reasons"

I no longer have room for her and the cage
My daughter who is 12, has a variety of bunnies for sale
And then there's this one....which hubby would never agree to, but wow....wish wish, want want...

Flemish Giant Rabbit, Hutch, Cage, Bale of Hay - $275 (Mandarin, Jacksonville)
[line]

Reply to: [email protected] [suP][?][/suP]
Date: 2008-11-14, 9:41PM EST

Flemish Giant Rabbit. $275. Beautiful light brown female (fixed, full grown, 16 lbs, healthy, litter box trained. Intelligent(for a rabbit), if you thump the floor,she will come to you to be petted or scratched, has learned the word “No,” and when feeling playful will jump straight up in the air and run around in circles. She is very affectionate. She is currently living with a dog in a very friendly relationship.

Includes a large “store bought” wood hutch with removable tray, in almost new condition, and a vinyl covered metal cage with removable tray, in almost new condition, and a bale of Timothy hay.

This is not a rabbit for small children but she is extremely social and needs to be around people and possibly other pets. Best living conditions are on screened porch with her wood hutch during mild weather and indoors where she can run free at least part of the day during freezing weather and summer heat. Because she is so large, she needs running and stretching out room and will not thrive being cooped up in a cage or hutch all the time.

She eats kibble, Timothy hay, dark lettuce, spinach, etc.

I love my Bunny, she has been a wonderful,fun pet. Please don’t take this rabbit unless you are sure you are able to give her the best possible home wth running room (a tiled kitchen and dining room is very workable) and some daily attention.

Call, 904-234-8395 or email

1g41351423na3md3pf8bea52ed03883491e1b.jpg

1fd1431383k73p83l08bed4ff56434efb1d01.jpg

13c1g61493na3o73l58be43931728f30c163d.jpg

1151f714a3n43p03l78be0a1551ce6e931e60.jpg

Wow, people can be so cruel when posting adds about their rabbtis on there. :grumpy:Sheesh!

"Free 2 year old rabbit with ears. No longer loved. Smells. Would make a great pet. No animal researchers!" That just shows how much they really wanted that rabbit, I hope the bunny got to a good home with somone that loved it.

And I mean it's a good place to sell everything else except animals! But you never know if the person buying your animal could be an animal abuser, or just buying them for pleasure. I mean I only use Craigslist for selling like rabbit supplies I don't need or other things like that.

Look at this:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/grd/937652651.html

That is a small cage for three rabbits! Wow!

" I don't have the time to be their sole attention giver." Wow, than I wonder if they even paid any attention to the rabbits for the 6 months that they had them? Grrrr! People make me soo mad! :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:I wish they would just think before buying an animal that they just want because it's "cute". I wish they would think if they had the time and energy to spend time with the animal, so then 6 months later, you wouldn't have to sell it!!

:rant:

It just doesn't make sense..

Karlee

Leaf wrote:
One of the most useful tools we have as RO members is the forum itself.

I've found it beneficial to e-mail people from ad sites, to give them gentle encouragement and avice, as well as a link to this forum so they can see for themselves how situations can be resolved - or at minimum offer them a more "safe" environment to rehome their rabbit in, if it absolutely falls to that extreme.

One of my biggest fears overall with doing that is to have one follow my guidance and then come to the forum to see their ad torn apart by fellow members.

:?

I have justr ead this thread and agree with this 100%.

Maybe people could contact people when they see a rabbit ad and direct them here?

Whenever I surf the classifieds in my area, I send them a notice to join RO... Usually tell them to ask for a rehoming fee, or how to build an appropriate cage, etc...

Usually, they respond to my message and say thanks... I wonder how many actually get here?

Flashy wrote:
Leaf wrote:
One of the most useful tools we have as RO members is the forum itself.

I've found it beneficial to e-mail people from ad sites, to give them gentle encouragement and avice, as well as a link to this forum so they can see for themselves how situations can be resolved - or at minimum offer them a more "safe" environment to rehome their rabbit in, if it absolutely falls to that extreme.

One of my biggest fears overall with doing that is to have one follow my guidance and then come to the forum to see their ad torn apart by fellow members.

:?

I have just read this thread and agree with this 100%.

Maybe people could contact people when they see a rabbit ad and direct them here?
That is a really great idea, I'm going to start doing that. I remember one person posted an ad on CL regarding needing to re-home their rabbit. They had it listed as 'free' which is a big no no. I told them to be careful about giving their rabbit to someone for free, as it's common for sicko's to look for free ads. Then when they re-posted their rabbit it had a re-homing fee. That felt good knowing they took my advice.

Complaining about these ad's wont help the situation, only giving friendly helpful advice to these people will. Just my two cents! :)

NorthernAutumn wrote:
Whenever I surf the classifieds in my area, I send them a notice to join RO... Usually tell them to ask for a rehoming fee, or how to build an appropriate cage, etc...

Usually, they respond to my message and say thanks... I wonder how many actually get here?
i got here thru craigslist. but i was looking for a bunny cage when Fran (lovemyzoocrew) found me and directed me to this site. i have a habbit of wandering around pet stores and i find people looking to buy bun cages adn then......well it's so much cheaper to make your own!! but i dont' know how many people actually look on here after i tell them about the RO

FallingStar wrote:
Wow, people can be so cruel when posting adds about their rabbtis on there. :grumpy:Sheesh!

"Free 2 year old rabbit with ears. No longer loved. Smells. Would make a great pet. No animal researchers!" That just shows how much they really wanted that rabbit, I hope the bunny got to a good home with somone that loved it.

And I mean it's a good place to sell everything else except animals! But you never know if the person buying your animal could be an animal abuser, or just buying them for pleasure. I mean I only use Craigslist for selling like rabbit supplies I don't need or other things like that.

Look at this:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/grd/937652651.html

That is a small cage for three rabbits! Wow!

" I don't have the time to be their sole attention giver." Wow, than I wonder if they even paid any attention to the rabbits for the 6 months that they had them? Grrrr! People make me soo mad! :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:I wish they would just think before buying an animal that they just want because it's "cute". I wish they would think if they had the time and energy to spend time with the animal, so then 6 months later, you wouldn't have to sell it!!

:rant:

It just doesn't make sense..

Karlee

I agree completely! I've seen that posting before too. How awful. Those poor rabbits. That cage is fine for one rabbit, not three, and a large litterbox! Sheesh!

I can't believe some people when they say "i can't be their sole attention giver"!! Really now? Then why did you get the rabbit in the first place? Did you think your 8 month old son was gonna clean the cage while you sat on the couch eating potatoe chips and watching Dr. Phil? yes......

Emily

:yeahthat:

I completly agree, maybe we should post a rabbits care guide on there, so idiots like that will get the memo that they shouldn't get a rabbit if they can care for it properly.

Karlee

Latest posts

Back