Craigslist

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seem like those people don't know what they are talking about! I really don't like the one with the 3 year old! How terrible. I hope who ever gets those bunnies aren't like them!:grumpy:

Aly!:?

Both of them make me want to do this... :pullhair:

The second one they don't even mention feeding hay. I rescued a rabbit a long time ago from a girls back porch. His cage was covered with cardboard so he never saw the light. Often he went without water and food. She never fed him hay so he had to be euthanized after I rescued him due to a big blockage. It was horrible. :(

These types of adds are everywhere... its depressing how the human race describes and treats the animals. I honestly want to disown myself from the human race sometimes.

If your going to have an animal do research on it, teach your children how to behave around animals otherwise they will get bit and it may not be a rabbit bite it might be a dog bite because juniorwas never taught it was a bad idea to yank on a strange dogs ears or pick up a cat and squeeze it. Then guess what dog, cat, rabbit whatevergets in trouble because they bit someone and possibly get put down.

People suck.

Cove wrote:
These types of adds are everywhere... its depressing how the human race describes and treats the animals. I honestly want to disown myself from the human race sometimes.

If your going to have an animal do research on it, teach your children how to behave around animals otherwise they will get bit and it may not be a rabbit bite it might be a dog bite because juniorwas never taught it was a bad idea to yank on a strange dogs ears or pick up a cat and squeeze it. Then guess what dog, cat, rabbit whatevergets in trouble because they bit someone and possibly get put down.

People suck.

Should have told them to get sea monkies or a fish....

I pity the kitty, alot of cats aren't cuddly, when you pick them up they scratch you scare them they smack and hiss. A 5 year old shouldn't have to care for an animal to make them learn responsibility, and I highly doubt any rescue is going to adopt out a cat to them when she tells them that, I know we wouldn't.

You're right, Cove.
I am personally enthusiastic about the idea of some cat scratching the hell out of a stupid, abusive kid. I figure that if she's hellbent, better a cat that can stand up for itself than a cowering rabbit.

Hi, glad you are trying to educate these people. While looking at the link you provided, just below was another ad for four bunnies for meat. Disgusted by it and flagged it several times. There were three mini-rexes and one flemmish giant. Can't believe people.

Carla.

NorthernAutumn wrote:
You're right, Cove.
I am personally enthusiastic about the idea of some cat scratching the hell out of a stupid, abusive kid. I figure that if she's hellbent, better a cat that can stand up for itself than a cowering rabbit.
A three year old is not being abusive, he/she is not yet old enough to understand they are causing pain. And cat scratches can cause serious damage, and might even make the child afraid of cats for the rest of his/her life. Theparents are the ones to blame here, not a child too young to know better.

Sorry gentlegiants... was being facetious. Sorry it didn't translate.

ETA: My niece (2 years old) behaves abusively towards her little brother out of jealousy. She sneaks up and bites the kid when her mother is out of the room. When told to stop, she asks" bite? Ow-ee?", (mom says yes, OW! hurts)... kid leans over and bites brother again.
She recognizes that he is in pain, yet continues to do it. By doing it when mom isn't around, she recognizes that it is wrong. So yes, from this observation, the two year old does understand that what she does hurts her brother.

I was being somewhat facetious in my comment, but I do feel that an animal has a right to defend itself.

I couldn't help but leave a comment. I told her if she (the mom) planned to be the main owner and caretaker of the bunny and not her child, then it might be ok. But I told her I adopted my bun from a 6 year old owner and he would bite everything he came into contact with.. and I mean CHOMP!, which he learned as a defense due to the little girl constantly squeezing the life out of him, holding him wrong, and terrorizing him. By the time I came along, the mother was the main caretaker (of course) and the little girl wanted nothing to do with him anymore. What a shocker. I also told her I didn't want to completely say no, you shouldn't get one, but simply she should only let her child play with the bunny while supervised and bunnies are just too high maintenance for most young kids to want to stick with, especially if they start biting in self-defense!

Latest posts

Back