Couple O' Bunny Questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CookieNCream

Reaction score
hello everybody :) got some questions!

1. when i opened the top door for my bunnies two days ago n yesterday,i saw some white hair floating. i know that bunnies shed, but i dontknow to which degree. also, is it possibly harmful to humans and/orrabbits themselves when accidentally entered into the body?

2. cream was out to freely hop around the garage on friday (will uploadvideos in a few days), and yesterday i saw her trying to bite her NICcage door, apparently trying to get out. is this safe?

3. cookie is still very scared. she eats and all but really afraid ofbeing pet (cream's fine). any ideas? she eats the craisins but dontseem to be crazy for them as cream is..but then again, cream is crazyfor almost all foods we tried. :p cookie is just way too picky.

and some news!

1. i got craisins! i told (lied?) to my mom that i'll be eating most ofit and the bunnies will be getting only a little :p they got a lot...ilike them, though. :)

2. just wanted to mention here that wow, bunnies are so neat&smart. every time i clean their litter box i think, man, not even onepoop outside the box. i wish my dog could do that.

3. and also that bunnies have got to have the softest fur in the wholewide world. lucky for all you guys whose bunnies are willing to cuddlewith you...if i could do that i'd be like...this.

:pullhair:

thanksss please answer my questions! :)

Hey there! How are you doing?

They are probably going into amolt, and that's common forrabbits around this time of year. Make sure they get lots of hay ifthey aren't already and try to brush them as much as possible to avoidany blockages.

Do you mean if the hair is ingested? It's fine for humans although itmight tickle your mouth a bit. Rabbits naturally ingest quite a bit ofhair from cleaning and grooming, but I try to minimize the hairconsumption by brushing and petting so it doesn't lead toablockage. A bit of fur ingested is perfectly fine though.

Both my girls bite their NIC cages if they are impatient to get out. Areassuring pat usually calms the girls down when they are having atantrum wanting to come out. Ooo Video! Looking forward to that :).

Some rabbits are more shy than others. I would just lay on the floorwhile she is out and let her explore around you. Maybe read a book ormagazine and she'll usually come over to explore. This helps to get abunny a little less nervous around you. I would just keep talking toher in a soothing voice and maybe see if she likes another kind oftreat. You could try giving her a treat every time you go and see herso she associates the treats with you.

Ooo! Fun! I haven't tried crasins yet, but hoping to try them in thefuture. I'm always hearing about bunnies going nuts over them. Glad tohear that the bunnies are doing well with their litter boxes! That'sgreat! :D. Hehe aww. I love bunny fur. I could sit and pet it all day.

Thanks! :)

We had quite a mess today...

I went into the garage looking for some paper towels, and I saw Cream'scage and freaked out. She had knocked down her litterbox- her stuff wasall over her cage floor. I called Sam and we had quite a clean up whileCream ran free. (Actually, I had her in a box later, but somehow shemanaged to escape again)

They're all fine now, and they are enjoying their craisins and hay. :)

Thanks for all the help! I took video of Cream running free again today...hehe.

I just got Craisins for my rabbit a few days agotoo. At first she didnt like them, she tried one and then walked awayfrom them. I guess something clicked because now she's crazy for them!Whenever i shake the bag she runs over and bites the bag out of myhands...crazy bunny :craziness

Oh yeah and my bunny bites her NIC door also, and she can pull it backto make a gap for her to squeeze through, so i have to put cardboardover it :rollseyes

Latest posts

Back