Could my Holland Lop actually be a Mini Lop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well yes Nancy health is important, but the OP was asking the breed:) We were trying to help her figure out the breed, the breed is a Holland lop:)

Thanks for all the replies everybody! I'll be sure to post an update after the vet visit! I'm sorry if anybody thought I'd love Winston less if he wasn't a Holland! I was just curious because size does affect the type of care I'd have to give him ( like carrier size, play pen size, etc), and I wanted to be prepared!
tumblr_mrhztqkvKE1r438m1o1_1280.jpg

Here's another picture of Winston! He's gotten a little bigger since then, but not by much!

This is almost the exact thing I was going to say. She looks Holland lop to me. I thought the same thing about the breeder, why would you not trust him? I would go with what the breeder has said.

The breeder didn't seem to invest very much into his bunnies. I'm sure they were taken care of, but I was very surprised when he said that Winston was only given hay two or three times a week! It also seemed like Winston hadn't been handled very much, or at all, when I first got him. Regardless, he's happy and healthy now!

Oh ok that makes sense, although rabbits should have an unlimited amount of hay with certain breeds hay isn't as important.(I'm not saying hay isnt important but Hollands dont ingest as much fur or other things like an angora would, with angoras the risk of fur blockage is much higher and they must have hay at all times, the risk of health issue including blockages is much lower in Hollands so hay isn't as needed as it is with an angora rabbit) With Hollands as long as they have a diet full of nutrition having hay only a few times a week shouldn't affect them that much. Did the breeder have a lot of rabbits? If so they aren't going to be handled as much because your going to focus more on the rabbits that need to be handled (show rabbits) I'm kinda like that over here in my rabbitry, I spend more time on my rabbits that need to learn how to pose and need to have good behavior, but my pet rabbits for sale get attention too just not as much. I'm glad he's happy and healthy. It's always good to see a rabbit go too a good pet home! :)

Hi Everybody!

Winston went to the vet to get neutered today. This vet was a little farther away, but the vet was very rabbit savvy and was worth the trip!

Winston weighs in at 3.5 pounds, so perhaps he is a Holland after all!

He's doing well after the surgery. He's pretty active, has been fed critical care, and even ate some vegies!

Oh ok that makes sense, although rabbits should have an unlimited amount of hay with certain breeds hay isn't as important.(I'm not saying hay isnt important but Hollands dont ingest as much fur or other things like an angora would, with angoras the risk of fur blockage is much higher and they must have hay at all times, the risk of health issue including blockages is much lower in Hollands so hay isn't as needed as it is with an angora rabbit) With Hollands as long as they have a diet full of nutrition having hay only a few times a week shouldn't affect them that much. Did the breeder have a lot of rabbits? If so they aren't going to be handled as much because your going to focus more on the rabbits that need to be handled (show rabbits) I'm kinda like that over here in my rabbitry, I spend more time on my rabbits that need to learn how to pose and need to have good behavior, but my pet rabbits for sale get attention too just not as much. I'm glad he's happy and healthy. It's always good to see a rabbit go too a good pet home! :)

I think he had a lot of rabbits, but raised them all for pets.

Latest posts

Back