Cottontail kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't blame yourself it is very hard to save baby bunnies. I was surprised that they lived for so long. I have been rescuing wild bunnies for a few years now and just decided this year not to do it anymore because I feel more of them die then live and it is just too heartbreaking. Please keep us updated and I hope they remaining babies do ok.

Here are some pictures from releasing the bunnies ( the three that survived). Enjoy! Today I saw them one out in the yard nibbling. Their instincts seem to be working great and they are very quick on their toes when they hear something. I"m so thankful! Praise the Lord!

Thanks so much for everyone's prayers and help all along the way! I couldn't have done it without you! :highfive::thumbup:hugsquish:

35n25hl.jpg

352rw40.jpg

2v158a8.jpg

2uy1yr4.jpg

^^ Note: They didn't take off right away nor were they as skittish of people/animals as I would've liked. Too curious about the dog. :p But he's super sweet so he just stayed still as could be. They seem good today, very active and hear/react to every sound. We left out water dishes near where they hide so dehydration doesn't become a problem as at times rasing them it was.

So sorry Mia about the loss of the 3. But CONGRATULATIONS! 3 released! My hats off to youfor even trying!

And I agree with Maria, definitely beautiful pics! Something you can look backat and fondly remember. Awesome job!

K:)

Thought I'd post an update picture on the cottontails :)

2q03bbq.jpg

We still get to see them on a daily basis enjoying our garden much too thoroughly...

Back