Contractions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well everyone, I ended up in labor and delivery the other night. It was just an awful day all the together. My husband left the toilet seat up when he left for work and I was half asleep and didn't turn the light on or anything and fell in the toilet. The dog got into the pantry and shredded the dog food bag, even though she had food in her bowl. So I had to clean up that mess. The cat pooping on the floor issue...on top of other things that occurred that day...also, my banana pudding came out horrible...my pudding didn't set for some reason, and being pregnant and craving banana pudding, it made me cry...thankfully my hubby made a new batch....

Anyways, I went to the grocery store that night and was walking to my SUV with my groceries and had a gush of fluid down my leg. I was totally freaked out and called my husband. He didn't answer. So I called my neighbor and she went to get my husband. He came up to the grocery store to get me. My pants were SOAKED! So off to the hospital we went. They hooked me up to the monitor. I was having contraction about every 5 minutes. They tested my urine and tested to see if my water had broke. It hadn't. It was pee. I completely lost control of my bladder in the parking lot and I guess Liam was laying on my bladder. My urine showed that I was dehydrated AGAIN! Which is why I was having contractions. She said I was as dry as a rock. Doesn't make any sense to me, considering how much urine came out of me at one time.

Being that the hospital broke my water for me with Audrina, I had no idea what it is like for your water to break on its own. But the nurse told me that if my water does break, it will continually leak. Thats how I will know...so, for now, Im drinking tons of water and chilling on the couch lol

When the kidneys aren't working well, they get rid of the water too soon, either in urine or diarrhea. It does seem counter-intuitive, but both are reasons to drink more, not less, water.

Thanks Orlena for the explanation...makes sense. My husband has been making sure i am drinking enough. If he sees my cup even half full, he will take it and fill it back up. And he has been keeping up with the ice trays and making sure i have plenty of ice. I absolutely will not drink a drink if its warm. I have to have ice lol. Im so picky. So the contractions have subsided for the most part, I have a few throughout the day, but not as many as before...but Liam has officially gotten his 30 day eviction notice...30 days until my due date!!!

Yea hes pretty awesome when he wants to be lol, but thats all men. He still plucks my nerves sometimes, but I love him ;) Who would've thought we would end up married considering I hated him when we were in high school haha. 4 years after highschool, we got together, and have been inseperable ever since...does that count as high school sweethearts lol I dont think so, but its a good story

I'm sorry and I am certainly not laughing at your possible early labor scare. But the rest was pretty funny. You either laugh or cry and I guess being pregnant it's crying. It just seems there's never any rain with you. It goes straight to pouring. We're back to the whole velveeta thing again!

:hugsquish:

That must be embaressing, but at least if anyone saw they thought it was your water too I bet. Hang in there :hug:

I was due on Nov 11 and full term. They tried inducing my mom and it didn't work the first time. My dad made her mad so she left the hospital saying I would come when it was time. I wasn't born until Dec 20! I was huge! They said if I had been the first I would have killed her. Silly babies don't always get the eviction notice on time I guess. There's a great picture of her in front of the Christmas tree- tree, BIG belly, tree LOL she blocked the whole thing in the middle.

I hope the rest of your time is less eventful and easier on you.

I guess I should post what i look like right now in front of a christmas tree lol....heres comes a picture!!!

17890_3493092705837_1494840647_n_zpsd318020c.jpeg

Back