Clothes biting, need help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vibribunbun

Reaction score
Thankfully Juno is feeling more herself (almost done with conjunctivitis treatment).

Unfortunately, Her being herself means
she playfully bites my clothes!
Before this was fine as I had a fkeece, thick tshirt and teddy coat.
But now it's warmer and I've not got the fleece or coat on as much and in summer I won't at all, so these bites are going straight through and bliming hurt.

I know it's playful as my other rabbit does the same think while honking happily. Juno also chews and digs on clothes when they are on the floor too.

I want to be able to hold and stroke her (she does like this and licks me back) but I don't want to be bitten through my clothes (even if it's playful).

New buck has started play biting my clothes now too and he's while he's only little, I don't want this to be a new thing.

How do I get her to not bite my clothes (I'm wearing) while I play with her?
It hurts as it catches my skin now. but I can't "squeak" (my asthma stops me) to say no or put her down (as she doesn't really see it as punishment and I don't want her to think she can have her way by biting, I know when bored or restless, so she doesn't need to do that aswell).

Suggestions that don't work or won't help sadly-
can't squeak as lose voice due to asthma

putting down would reinforce she wants down by biting (gets out down when bored or restless anyway)

can't be spayed as breeding doe

do you have any suggestions that are not stated above?

You could try stomping your hand on the floor, or table, or wherever you are at the time.
I know it sometimes works, as bunnies stomp when they are upset, so you can do this with your hand, and it sometimes connects with them and helps them stop.

I'm not sure about any other ideas. I just know about squealing or stomping your hand.

You could try stomping your hand on the floor, or table, or wherever you are at the time.
I know it sometimes works, as bunnies stomp when they are upset, so you can do this with your hand, and it sometimes connects with them and helps them stop.

I'm not sure about any other ideas. I just know about squealing or stomping your hand.
I heard about pushing their head down with your hand aswell.
it's what rabbits do to each other when sorting out dominance.

This isn't about playfulness or dominance, it's about hormones, which should never be underestimated. Rabbits that are ready to breed, can be testy to downright aggressive and it's not because they don't like you. To some extent, they can't help themselves. I personally skip talking to *hot* does, even if we're friends, because it's not worth getting bit.

I'm not familiar with squeaking, but I do know that saying "OUCH!" as loud as you can and jumping (even a little), does communicate well. For being an outdoor caged rabbit for most of his life, my intact buck picked up on this fast and he's *hot* all the time.

If you showing a consistent pain response isn't respected, the best thing may be to give her space until she's bred. After that, you'll be back to being good buddies. ^^ Good luck!

Latest posts

Back