Cleaning Bunnies Cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot stand the smell of bleach and once I smell it the smell stays with me the rest of the day. It also makes me feel sick to my stomach and gives me a headache. I have found though that the bleach with an added scent such as lavender does not bother me as straight bleach dose.

I don't know about straight lavender/water. The study I found indicated that the antibacterial effects were relative to the amount used, so I think it'd be really expensive to use enough lavender to be effective. But I do put a few drops in my vinegar spray, to improve the smell.

Reactions: rew
I didn't know you could mix the two! Thanks for the tip...will be doing that from now on. Vinegar isn't the best sorta smell to clean with since my bun's cage is in my room lol

Solumel is good stuff and so is Soluguard for disinfecting. :)
I have both and use both, I absolutely love them :) I didn't know you were into melaleuca products :) Aren't they the best? are you a customer or a marketer with/for them?

You could really add any essential oil you like the smell of. Lemon or anything citrusy would be good, or thyme. Lavender was just what I happened to have.

I clean Aria's litter boxes with vinegar and lavender three times a week and her litter habits are near perfect. Bunnies are smart.

Water and vinegar has always helped me.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Latest posts

Back