circling, rapid eye movement, tilted head

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You keep going Becky! And Gary, hats off toyou, youare an excellent husbunny! Your TLC is definitely helping her.

K:)

Another reason buns should marry for love rather than an arranged marriage. :p

What shocked me was how concened Houdini was the first few days. He would pace back and forth along the fence watching her. Normally he just hops on by without paying much attention. He has taken to laying next to the fence rather than playing. I guess they really are making friends among the four of them. Well, Sophie doesn't really seem to care, but she's still new.

So how's our Becky doing? We talk about Becky all the time. My husband asks for updates too! Hoping all is well and she's staying strong, with the support of Houdini, and making strides back to being your husband's sweet "lump of love".

I think Alma is right. Rabbits are really smart and he has experienced sickness and loss with Cinderella. Poor little man knows what could happen and is sticking by his sweet Becky, worried about her. Amazing how rabbits can connect. Dobby was very upset when Jake got sick, and was the first one to let me know about Neville.

Hoping all is quiet and all had a restful night.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. :hug:

Becky had a good night and was bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning. As soon as I came in to say good morning she hopped right over to her breakfast dish and dug in with her normal gusto. I saw my first binky out of Sophie too! I guess she was extra excited for breakfast this morning heheheee

I really think it is EC, but I will finish the course of antibiotics just in case. I'm giving her the panacur daily for two weeks then we will see. She sucks it right down from the syringe because it's mixed with yummy baby food and perfect food powder (it has lots of good things like wheat grass, probiotics, antioxidants etc. to stimulate her immune system). I normally put the perfect food powder on their breakfast, but adding an extra dose since she's not feeling well is good too. She also chows down on the fresh lavendar in the evenings. I have a lovely clumb growing in my garden and it's blooming now.

The boys are taking excellent care of her and makes me love them all the more. They are so devoted. I'm sure it is a comfort to her to have them snuggling when I can't be home during the day.

It is such a relief to see her feeling so much better. :)

I went home at lunch and I wouldn't believe that she is the same bun that was so sick less than a week ago. She hopped right up for her scratches like nothing was ever wrong. I will finish up the meds to make sure it is gone, but she is super.

I'm going to give her another week or so to make sure she's all better then we can start dating again. I'm hoping to have all four of them living together by the end of the summer. Houdini and Gary have gotten along so well through all this since they were both helping Becky. Now if we can get Sophie and Becky to decide who the big boss is, that's the last hold out.

Excellent news about Becky!

Wishing you all the luck in the bonding and you have harmony in your home by Summer!

*sigh* looks like Alma was right, I celebrated too soon. This morning her fever is back and she's not as bad as she originally was, but still not good. Her breakfast consumption was lack luster, but when I put it in front of her face she did eat some. I gave her some metacam in case she was in pain because she looked so uncomfortable. I also gave her fluids to bring down her temperature. My poor baby. I can't even get home at lunch today because of big meetings at work. Joshua promised to give her the dramamine later this morning and to keep an eye on her.

Sorry to hear, but at times it does get worse before it gets better. And the worse wasn't that bad this time, so she is getting back on track.

Just keep doing what you are doing. She'll get there. And as much TLC as possible from all of you.

Becky is in our thoughts!

Oh no, so sorry to hear that Brandy... Poor Becky, but like Karen said, it's always worse before it gets better.

She's lucky to have such awesome people taking care of her and making sure she's comfortable.

She's doing better. When I give her the medicine it always gets her dizzy again for a little while, but it's getting better each time. I have the gate open for Gary to run around and Becky just hopped out to see us in the livingroom! It's the first time in over a week she has felt good enough to come out of her house. :)

She really likes nomming the lavendar, luckily her appitite has been great the whole time.

Thanks so much for the update. Really glad to hear that Becky is now starting to feel better to venture out. What a great sign. So thrilled her appetite never left and she's enjoying her lavender.

Keep going Becky!

I saw the film it looks like wry neck I don't know much about this but here is a link for you to see I don't think every vet knows everything so maybe this will help I am sorry about your bunny I have chickens and this happens with chickens I have seen only in picture and once with a rabbit not mine long ago but didn't know what it was the rabbit had I know now.

here is the link.

http://www.barbibrownsbunnies.com/ecuniculi.htm

I hope your little one is well and this link is not need

Rhayden

Thank you so much for the link. I did 2 weeks of baytril injections with eye and ear drops from the vet. With more reading I was convinced it was EC so I got pancur on my own and have been treating her. I'm going to give that to her daily for 28 days. After the pancur I may do the Ivomec as insurance. Unfortunately I can't use bleach on everything because she runs all over the house.

Latest posts

Back