circling, rapid eye movement, tilted head

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like the panecur is a miracle. She is almost completely back to normal! She's able to control her movements and not circling. She came hopping right over for breakfast and chowed down as normal.

I have to be careful not to pick her up too much because that makes her dizzy, but it's a relief to see her feeling so much better. :)

MiniLopHop wrote:
I feel like the panecur is a miracle. She is almost completely back to normal! She's able to control her movements and not circling. She came hopping right over for breakfast and chowed down as normal.

I have to be careful not to pick her up too much because that makes her dizzy, but it's a relief to see her feeling so much better. :)
:pray: Good to get some good news!!!

Do you have a pen? If so buy a baby bumper and tie it around you can set her up with more room but give her a safety net.

Poor sweetie! We watched the video, so sad :( I'm really glad to hear she's doing better, though! Keep her on the meds for a while to make sure the ear infection is kicked. Our Nedderbug had an inner ear infection last summer and it was comparatively very mild, but extremely tenacious and he had to be on meds for 6 weeks. Even now he turns his head to the side if he's tired or doesn't feel good.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Poor sweetie! We watched the video, so sad :( I'm really glad to hear she's doing better, though! Keep her on the meds for a while to make sure the ear infection is kicked. Our Nedderbug had an inner ear infection last summer and it was comparatively very mild, but extremely tenacious and he had to be on meds for 6 weeks. Even now he turns his head to the side if he's tired or doesn't feel good.

That's what my bunny had, unfortunatily she didn't get better. :( now every time I read one of these stories about head tilt bunines getting better I can't help but wonder if something else could have been done for mine.

OH and idea for cage padding-yeah I baby bumper is a good idea in a pen. if you don't have that, a piece of carpet cut about a foot high put around the sides of the pen works well. That's what we used.

Well, it is two hopps forward and one hop back. *sigh* Becky isn't doing so well this morning. Her eyes are really darting again and her head is sideways again. Lastnight her head was back up right and I was so excited.

I'm going to continue her meds for two weeks minimum. Depending on how she's doing it may get extended.

I so want to snuggle her but it makes her dizzy, so I sit next to her and we chat.

I know that feeling. Not sure if you ever read Ringo's story. Wish I could give you a hug, I know what it is like.

Praying for your little sweetie. :pray:

Brandy,

That's exactly how Neville reacted with his med for the "Wry Neck". I was exactly as you are experiencing, two steps forward, and one step back". Been there, know what you are going through. Keep the meds going. Neville was on his meds for a good 2 weeks. He really started to act like Neville by a week and half into the meds. It took a good month for his head to straighten completely. And every once in a while if he's tired (humidity gets to him because of his fur) his head will tilt to that side.

You hang in there. Know you want to snuggle, I did too. I did the same thing you are doing. It really calmed Neville down knowing I was there. It's an up and down ride, but it does get better. Becky is in my thoughts. Hoping for the same outcome Neville had. Will keep watching for updates.

K:)

ZRabbits wrote:
Brandy,

That's exactly how Neville reacted with his med for the "Wry Neck".  I was exactly as you are experiencing, two steps forward, and one step back".  Been there, know what you are going through.  Keep the meds going.  Neville was on his meds for a good 2 weeks.   He really started to act like Neville by a week and half into the meds.  It took a good month for his head to straighten completely.  And every once in a while if he's tired (humidity gets to him because of his fur) his head will tilt to that side. 

You hang in there.  Know you want to snuggle, I did too.  I did the same thing you are doing.   It really calmed Neville down knowing I was there.  It's an up and down ride, but it does get better.   Becky is in my thoughts.  Hoping for the same outcome Neville had.  Will keep watching for updates.   

That's where we were with Jelly, but the vet didn't want to continue antibiotics that long if they didn't seem to work in a week. Therefore we didn't have much choice but to put her down as she was so miserable. I do think the key is keeping with antibiotics for a long while to totally eradicate the illness.

Thank you so much for your support. It means a lot to both of us. I tell Becky that she has lots of friends so she has to get better to amuse them with her cuteness :)

As long as she's eating voluntarily then she's fighting and I will do everything possible to support her fight. It encourages me to know that Neville went through the same thing and was able to recover. I'm fightened for her, but I don't let her know. I just cheer her on with everything positive she does.

MiniLopHop wrote:
Thank you so much for your support. It means a lot to both of us. I tell Becky that she has lots of friends so she has to get better to amuse them with her cuteness :)

As long as she's eating voluntarily then she's fighting and I will do everything possible to support her fight. It encourages me to know that Neville went through the same thing and was able to recover. I'm fightened for her, but I don't let her know. I just cheer her on with everything positive she does.
What you are doing now is exactly what I did for Neville. I know how frightened you are and how helpless you feel because you want to help them and fix them back to the sweet bunny they were before. I was right where you are now. He continually ate his hay but wouldn't touch his pellets. I thought that was a good sign. I was getting really worried by the third day with no pellets, but we gave him the wheat grass then, and by the 4th day, I was cheering when he ate his first pellet.

Definitely as long as she's voluntarily eating, she is definitely fighting. Good for you for being strong, because she can feel it. Keep doing what you are doing with all that emotional support for Becky. And just take it one day at a time.

Becky is in our thoughts.

Just checking in. How's Becky doing this morning? Hope all had a quiet, relaxing night and Becky's doing better. Holding her own.

I am happy to report that Becky is doing really well this morning. She was able to sit up to clean her face properly with both paws! As soon as I put the pellets down for breakfast she came right over and dug in, granted oats is quite the attractant.

Gary is being a wonderful husbunny, he is laying right next to her and keeping her face clean. His hocks are doing much better so he doesn't need to have socks on while in his normal space anymore because I have several blankets padding the floor. I do put his socks on when he runs around, but he is so sweet he hasn't wanted to leave Becky to play.

The vet says it is impossible to tell if it is the baytril or panacur that's working, but we are covering our bases and doing both for two weeks. I'm thrilled that her fever is gone so she doesn't have to have the sub q fluids since she is drinking well on her own. At this point she doesn't seem to get dizzy unless I pick her up, so I administer her meds from the ground. I also have been giving her fresh lavender to eat because it is soothing and I think she sleeps better after snacking on it. At least I have a good supply of fresh this time of year that is in perfect bloom.

I hate leaving her home while I'm at work today, but Joshua promised to call if she starts to act unwell. He also promised to talk to her and give her pets a couple times during the day so she knows she wasn't abandoned. What a brave little girl, I'm sure she will pull through now.

*hugs and nose bonks to all our friends*

Latest posts

Back