Cinnabunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a healthier bunny - later for Easter but still checking out the boys' baskets.

[align=center]
baskettoobigA.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]"This basket is way too big!"[/align]
[align=center]
stilltoobig.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]"Still too big for me!"[/align]
[align=center]She decided to give attention to the littlest owner, Zachary, who is four and still a bit nervous around Cinnabunny.[/align]
[align=center]
ZachandCinnabunnyA.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Kisses were given to my seven year old, Aaron, the "owner" of the bunny (they share the room).[/align]
[align=center]
AaronsbunnykissA.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Then I got a kiss (picture taken by the four year old!).[/align]
[align=center]
ZachspictureA.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]After many, many more pictures to be shared at a later date, Cinnabunny hopped into the football helmet to eat some hay that was in there. What a cute football bunny![/align]
[align=center]
footballbunnyA.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]"Thanks for all the good wishes!"[/align]
[align=center]Love, Cinnabunny[/align]

[align=center]Here is Cinnabunny's new partner, Aaron. Aaron is in charge of filling the water bowl, filling the hay bin, and giving lots of pets and love. He is now comfortable picking up Cinnabunny and taking her out of her cage for attention on the floor of his room. Thankfully my son is very neat and keeps most of his toys and stuff off of the floor. He has quite a large room (was probably a master bedroom before the remodel) so the cage is in the bedroom.[/align]

[align=center]
AbunnyandhisboyA.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]Cinnabunny is a very patient little bunny since both boys are really just getting comfortable petting, touching, and holding her.We hope that she will be with us for a long time since her recovery is going so well.[/align]

[align=center]
IlovemymedicineA.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]Cinnabunny loves her medicine so much that we don't have to papoose her at all. She even begs for it when it is finished. She licks every trace off the syringe and tries to chew more out of the open end.[/align]

[align=center]
WhatnomoreA.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]"What? No more?"[/align]

[align=center]When the medicine is finished she has to settle for other items that are available.[/align]

[align=center]
lovemyhayagainA.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]She is eating her hay again. I was beginning to wonder if the hay tasted bad since it had been almost a week sinceI had seen her eat any. Now, she can't seem to get enough.[/align]

[align=center]
raisinsaregoodtooA.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]The boys love to give her treats and we have found she likes raisins. I limit them to only 3 or 4 a night. She is so gentle taking them from the boys.[/align]

[align=center]She is ever so curious since her recovery. These past two days we have seen a different rabbit. She is alert and checking everything out. I have enjoyed taking her picture since she will only be this little once![/align]

[align=center]
andeverywhereA.jpg
thereA.jpg
checkinghereA.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]After checking here, there, and everywhere.....[/align]

[align=center]
AfterlookingIamgoingthiswayA.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]She decides on a direction to explore.[/align]

[align=center]"You go girl!"[/align]

I think Cinnabunny has this backwards. When she is taken out of her home I put her near the litter box (the one I took out of her home before I took her out). She hops in it, pees and then sits for about four minutes pooping. Then, she hops out and proceeds to poop all over the carpet as she explores. This is for about the next ten minutes. There isn't very much poop in the cage. Not that there is none, just that there are tons when she is out with us.

Can bunnies decide that they only want to poop OUT of their pen???? Any suggestions?

She's marking her territory... I find with young buns they tend to have a hard time keeping the poop confined to the litter box. You just have to be patient, and keep scooping it back into the litter box as it comes out, eventually she'll get it. And if she's fixed, that should help too.

--Dawn

Cinnabunny took her last dose of medicine tonight. It's hard to tell she is the same bunny as the one I took to the vet. She is so active and happy. Here are some pictures of her investigating a box that Aaron colored for a project for school. Cinnabunny was as big as the 'grasshopper' that Aaron made to go in this box.

[align=center]
investigatingbox1A.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]What is this thing?[/align]

[align=center]
investigatingbox2A.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]Doesn't smell like grass.[/align]

[align=center]
investigatingbox3A.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]It's not very tall. I'm not gonna jump on it.[/align]

[align=center]
investigatingbox4A.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]Maybe I'll just nibble a corner and see if it tastes good.[/align]

[align=center]
investigatingbox5A.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]Would you stop all that camera flashing; I'm trying to investigate![/align]
We went to a Petco Store located about 1/2 hour from our house. I was looking for a bunny leash that has a figure eight tether. Found that AND stairs. The stairs are meant for up to 70 pound dogs that need help getting on and off sofas, beds, etc. These stairs were easy to put together, only about 30 dollars, and she loves them! They work great for her to get into and out of her cage on her own. I'll take pictures of them and her on them next time.

The stairs are a great idea! I can't wait to know how they work out for Cinnabunny!

Cinnabunny's new stairs! After reading the posts about cages we got to thinking about how Cinnabunny would get in and out of her cage. She had already attempted to jump back into her cage(unsuccessfully) and scaring all of us. Elf's mommy suggested doggie stairs and that she had recently seen some at the local stores. We went to check it out.

These Doggie Stairs were available at Bed, Bath, and Beyond as well as Petco. I have a feeling they are available just about anywhere now. The stairs come in a small box and the pieces are made of plastic. The plastic snaps together and is then covered with fabric similar to dog bedding. It is said to hold dogs up to 70 pounds. I would not trust my35 pound son on them but understanding that dogs distribute weight on four feet not two gives me better reason to accept their information.

That said - here are the stairs and Cinnabunny giving the grand tour!

[align=center]
stairsA.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]The stairs at the side door (open)[/align]
[align=center]
stairs1A.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Hummmm, what do we have here?[/align]
[align=center]
stairs2A.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Awesome! I can go in and out anytime.[/align]
[align=center]
stairs3A.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Out of the way, bunnyman, I gotexploring to do.[/align]
[align=center]
stairs4A.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Move further; you are in the path of the pooper![/align]
[align=center]
stairs5A.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Ok, I'll nudge and take apet along the way. I crave attention.[/align]
[align=center]
stairsup1A.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]I see those raisins. You bet I'll hop up to eat thoseyummy things.[/align]
[align=center]
stairsup2A.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Gimme, gimme, gimme.[/align]
[align=center]
stairsup3A.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Photo opportunity; take it while you can silly lady.[/align]
[align=center]
stairsup4A.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]See ya! I'm going back in for my kale and fresh pellet.[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=left]So, the stairs are working wonderfully.At $29.99I feel it was a great purchase. Cinnabunny loves the freedom and we love that she can enter and exit safely.[/align]

wow! $29.99! ive never seen them that cheap around here! we were looking for some for our old dog butch so he could get into the car easier..we might have to look at our bed bath and beyond for some:ponder:

cinnabuny gets cuter every time you post pictures!!:bunny19

Back