Cinnabunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:welcome:helloCinnabunny!! We love your Aunty Elf Mommy!

And yay!!! for Elf Mommy and pics!!

picssosad.gif

We'll be waiting! :waiting:

sas :), pipp :bunny19, dill :brownbunny, darry and radar :toastingbunsand sherry :bunny24 the FOSTERbun

[align=center]Here's my new niece! ....or nephew! (but probably niece)[/align]
[align=center]Cinnabunny![/align]
[align=center]
100_4789.jpg
[/align]
100_4790.jpg

[align=center][/align]
[align=center]
100_4793.jpg
[/align]
100_4797.jpg

[align=center][/align]
[align=center]
100_4800.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
100_4801.jpg
[/align]

Cinnabunny has become a part of the family already. She comes hopping up to the door of her hutch as soon as my son enters his bedroom. When she is out hopping about his room she climbs into laps for pets, noses us for pets, and does joyful twirling hops all around the room. She is sometimes a sprinter as well - racing from one side of the room to the other.

So far she has not figured out the water bottle. We put a mason bowl full of water on the floor of the hutch so she could drink but her ears keep getting in it as well as her feet when she decides she wants to stand where the bowl is. Any ideas on how to teach her to use the water bottle or does it just take time?

Currently Cinnabunny is not doing well. I noticed on Saturday that there were very few poops in the cage since cleaning it on Thursday. I started to worry right away. I have since taken her pellets away (store said it probably gave her constipation),give medicine in her water, given her Rabbit Lax from the store that is supposed to help the situation, and given her simethicone drops.

Still no poops but she still pees. We are keeping her warm, giving her hay and kale, and hoping and praying she does better than Beauty. If anyone out there has any ideas let us know. I will probably take her to the vet tomorrow. I am not feeling up to another bunny death so soon after the first. It's just not FAIR!

IF Cinnabunny passes, I really want you to consider not getting another rabbit from this pet store, even if it's free. k? I know of a rabbit rescue where I am and I will get you a healthy rabbit. I'm so sorry this is happening for you sis :(

Last night I was able to get Cinnabunny to eat some wet kale as well as raisins dipped in simethicone. I gave her tummy a massage probably for half an hour after the kids went to sleep.

This morning I found her in the hutch where I put her last night. I don't think she moved at all. She had three poorly formed poops in with her. That is better than none. I picked her up and massaged her tummy until she peed all over. I gave her more simethicone and some water in a syringe and then massaged her belly some more.

I took the kids to school and am at work. I will try calling the vets now to find one that knows about rabbits. Wish me luck.

BTW - Sis, I will take you up on the offer if needed. I will be giving the pet store a piece of my mind as well.

We took her to the doctor today around 4pm. The doctor called us with the poop result - a bunny parasite that baby bunnies usually get if they are from a pet store. I will be able to pick up the medicine tomorrow morning and it is twice a day for ten days.

We have seen some runny poop and some mushy poop and a very few normal poops. She is still refusing to eat anything. I have given her water from a syringe like the doctor ordered. I will try some pumpkin a little later.

Haven't tried many veggies since we have only had her a week (Sunday) and she is so young (about 12 weeks).

Vet confirmed she is a girl and that she was most likely ill when we got her just not showing signs yet.

Bunny massage and water were most important to the vet and getting the medicine tomorrow.

I'm going to post later after I check on her and rub her tummy. Prayers are welcome.:bunnyheart

I am so glad Cinnabunny is doing better. It's a good thing you were able to get her to the vet, and that you noticed there was a problem so quickly.

Prayers,

Jenni + Gretchen Bunny

Well done on getting her treated right away - hopefully she will be well again soon.

I agree with Elf Mommy that the pet store should at least be made to treat the other bunnies it has there, as well as re-imburse you for your vet bills!

Prayers continuing :pray:

Jan

The vet said is it rampant coccidia. The vet is native to Holland and treated many, many bunnies there. He said this is a common young bunny illness and when they are exposed young, if not treated, can die from it. He prescribed Albon Oral Suspension, 0.2ml twice a day for ten days. We have another vet appointment in two weeks.

On the bunny front:

Cinnabunny LOVES pumpkin!!!! She will willing eat pumpkin with raisin 'candles' in it. She has some mushy poop and only this morning did she have poop matted on her bum. She is leaving her hutch and staying in her caged area more than before. She perks her head and ears up when we come in the room and noses toward the door when we open it. She still is not willingly hopping about but this is more moving than the past few days.

She is still very thin except for the large tummy area. I feel better this evening than all weekend that we have a chance for her living.

Thanks for the prayers and I will keep posting her progress. BTW - the medicine is said to taste like butterscotch and she seems to like that too!

Cinnnabunny is doing much better today. She has been eating pumpkin, kale, and her hay. I have added a small about or pellet and she has eaten a little of it. She LOVES her medicine so much we don't even have to papoose her to administer it.

The scoop on poop: She is pooping! Lots of small, round ones. A few are mushy but most of them are just like before. She is still a young bunny and is pooping everywhere. Most of her poop (and pee) are in her hutch,or sleeping area. I hope she out grows this habit.

She had some matts in her hair from the first, sticky medicine and she was looking a little rough. She allowed me to comb her hair all over.She loved the comb on her nose and around her mouth. She let me get most of the sticky stuff out.

She is attentive when we come in the room and when we open the lower cage door she sticks her nose out and even puts her paws on the bottom of the opening.

Thanks for the help and prayers, everyone. I'll take some bunny pics for all those lop bunny lovers!

Latest posts

Back