Christmas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pinksalamander wrote:
18th birthday presents are difficult! Mines in Jan. My Grandparents are buying me an SLR :D I'm pretty sure I'm getting it, as I think they are sick about me going on about it and saying 'Oh, that would make a lovely photograph'. I've even picked it, I'm asking for a Canon 450d. My Mum also told me she is buying me a sewing machine which I'm looking forward too. Don't know about my Dad. Now he's split up with his wife I'll probably be back to getting expensive but 'Dadish' presents. His wife had such good taste :(

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Ooh, good choice Fran! I have the model down from it and I love it... Don't take the pictures I take as an indication of how good it is lol, as I'm probably not the best at them :p

Are you getting any accessories with it- like other lenses, etc?

Our decs go up when we can be bothered, usually around 2 weeks before. We have a fake tree but its a bit tatty so we will probably have a real tree this year. We don't have many other decorations. We have our stockings on the fireplace and candles and stuff all Christmassy on our mantelpiece but we don't decorate anywhere other than the living room. I'm making a wreath for the front door this year though.

For our meal, we always get given a task to do. My Mum is the eldest of three sisters, so each sisters family does something differnet. My Nan always does the turkey and roasties. Then we either get given 'nibbles' for before and after the meal, 'veg' and sides for the meal or 'puddings'. I don't know what we're doing this year. Nibbles I hope, I like making little salmon and cream cheese things and sometimes I bake special bread. For our main meal because there are so many of us we tend to go a bit overboard. We usually have a turkey (of course) two types of gravy, stuffing, parsnips, brussel sprouts, carrots, sweetcorn, roasties, homemade cranberry sauce, pigs in blankets. Then for pudding we have Christmas cake with clotted cream (I LOVE CHRISTMAS CAKE! We took it to my Mum's boyfriends house, he lives in Idaho and they HATED it, the marmite didn't go down too well either!) We usually have trifle, chocolate cake and like a fruit tart or something too.

You're kinda the reason I'm asking for that one! My Grandad is a Canon person, and I really wanted a Nikon but hey. I remember you said somewhere that you had the one below, but the thing you missed was the live view thing which the 450d has, so that's why I'm getting it! Don't know if I'll be getting any lenses or anything. My Grandad is a photography person, so rather than getting new ones I'll probably get second hand stuff. He recently bought a 2 year old lens worth £300 new for £20 at a camera fair!!!!

pinksalamander wrote:
You're kinda the reason I'm asking for that one! My Grandad is a Canon person, and I really wanted a Nikon but hey. I remember you said somewhere that you had the one below, but the thing you missed was the live view thing which the 450d has, so that's why I'm getting it! Don't know if I'll be getting any lenses or anything. My Grandad is a photography person, so rather than getting new ones I'll probably get second hand stuff. He recently bought a 2 year old lens worth £300 new for £20 at a camera fair!!!!

Oh cool. I'm glad I helped in your choice! :)

And :shock2:I SO need to get me to a camera fair!!

Pigs in blankets! There's an idea! I'm going to make them myself this year.... :) The good thing about making the dinner is I'm the one who controls what we eat lol! :devil

We usually have a turkey crown, and a fillet of beef. Because my dad isn't overly keen on turkey, and Steve doesn't like it either, so we do a bit of both. Plus my brother is vegetarian, so we have to do a nut roast or something for him to. Then we have sprouts, carrots, peas, bread sauce, roast potatoes and parsnips, and gravy of course :)

We're not really Christmas cake people, but we LOVE Christmas pudding!! I usually buy a really expensive one (might look into making one this year if I've enough time left), and we always turn the lights off and pour loads of brandy over the top, light it and watch it burn. Then eat it all with tons of cream :D

I need ideas for a started for dinner this year- can't be anything too big because we'll never eat it all lol... :p

We usually have dinner at about 3ish, and then sit around drinking and talking all afternoon, and then we'll have cold meat, cheese and biscuits, pickles etc in the evening sometime :)

pinksalamander wrote:
Ah, I like it. I might ask for a Classic. I've had so many iPods but they don't last long before they start going wrong. They're only built with a short life in mind! Saying that my original 1st generation iPod still works, just lasts like 10 minutes battery.

fran- my boyfriend has gone thru a coupld of ipods and has had trouble with them. i got an mp3 and it rocks! i've never had trouble with it and it gets tossed around a lot. all my boyfriends nieces and nephews have the mp3 too and they take a beating with those kids and they've never had any problems either.

becca

On Christmas day we usually wake up at about 7 and this year I will go and get the bunnies to help us open our pressies. We will open our pressies in our sacks then sit around the tree and open the pressies and cards there.

Then my grandparents come round at about 11 and mum cooks Christmas dinner, we then play with our pressies eat our dinner have fun then later on we go to our Aunties and have a drink etc!!

I dunno what we're gonna do this year but last year i woke up extremely early - like always
and me and my brother go and wake up our parents but we stay away from our sister because she is scrooge
then when everyone is awake and had breakfast we open our presents, help our mum with christmas lunch and then around 5 we go to our aunties with our cousins and we hav a family christmas with nibbles :D

its always the best and i love it :D

daisy
xoxo

I am writing christmas cards :p

I have now got the following people presents

Daisy
Graice
Wendy
Fay
Meg
Emily

Thats it :?

The fact that Christmas is 25 days away and that we start our advent calenders tomorrow AND we put our tree up next week has just hit me and now I'm super excited OMG

yeah.....thanks becca for bumping up my thread. my sister and i love to guess all december what we are getting. then when we open our gifts we don't just rip them open but we try to guess what's in each box. it's all about anticipation:biggrin2:

Pleasure ;)

I am going to try and open my pressies sllloowwwllly this year, I always go really fast but I'm gonna try and guess whats inside etc

5 days till my birthday.:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Ha ha- sorry but I can't even begin to get excited about Christmas until I have had my birthday!:p

But in the spirit of Christmas - our Christmas tree is arriving Friday. Woo hoo!:D

Speaking of cameras, I need a new camera for when we go fly the hawks but it needs to be like 1/1000th of a second flash or whatever otherwise they are landing on the glove before the camera takes the pic :?

Here are all the Christmas threads:

How do you spend Christmas Day?

Countdown To Christmas

When does your tree go up?

What is Santa bringing your Cats?

What does Santa bring your Dogs?

What do YOU want for Christmas?

What was your all time Christmas present?

What would you buy for Christmas for other RO members?

School's out for Christmas!!

Xmas Lights

How many presents under your tree?

Christmas Food

Christmas Decoration pics

Christmas Songs

Christmas Photography

Were you afraid of Santa?

My oh my theres a lot :D

Becca
8_2_86v.gif

Luv-bunniz wrote:
5 days :shock:
I know :D
How cool!!

I'm making Christmas pictures!!

And Christmas cards, my art skills seem to have improved rapidly - its wierd :shock:

BUMP

:D

2 DAYS UNTIL XMAS!! Well actually todays nearly finished so 1 and a bit :D

Latest posts

Back