Chistmas shopping is done!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revverress

Reaction score
I've never been too big on the gift-giving for the buns; it just never seemed worth it to me to spend money on a toy that I know will be shredded to bits in about 2.4 seconds. But today I was buying litter from the organic farm Pepper and Noel came from [I don't agree with their breeding practices, but they sell some nice bunny supplies for pretty cheap], and they had .75 cent toys made from home-grown maize and blackberry tree branches. So, of course I had to buy one for everybunny. :p I couldn't resist their maize mats, and I picked up a few of those, too.

dsc00637gh4.jpg

The cute stocking is from the Dollar Store. ;)

I've also built a 4-story NIC condo for my two house bunnies that I hope to hurry up and finish next week, and I'm planning on ordering new, bigger cages for the show buns after the holidays. And, of course, the rabbits will all get extra oats and veggies for Christmas hehe.

Now if only I could get my other pets/people Christmas shopping done!

I'm curious- What have you gotten your own bunnies for the holidays? Do you give gifts to your rabbits?

-Holly

This year, Tobi is in need of a new house. (She has eaten most of her old one. It was a rubbermaid container, 2 walls are completely gone. No, she didn't spit the pieces out, she actually ate them.) So I put in an order from the Busy Bunny. I got the holiday Basket Playhouse package. Tobi will get the playhouse basket, and all 3 bunnies will split the goodies that come packed inside. (A couple grass mats, some willow balls/baskets, grapevine ornaments, etc.)

I have been feeling bad, Nick and Amelia always get the "big" toy, because they have the run of the living room (supervised), while Tobi is more limited and just gets smaller toys. (Nick and Amelia have both the Maze Haven and the Cottontail Cottage, and a large tube in their pen.)

So, this Christmas, Tobi will get the big gift and Nick and Amelia will share some smaller gifts. (Tobi also got an empty Cheddar Bunnies box yesterday, which she is in the process of tearing up.)

Edit: The bunnies are the only ones on my list that I have finished shopping for. Or started shopping for!

well.....tonight Liffey got a huge new litter pan. so big that he can't drag it around everywhere. and i got him that plastic igloo hoping he'll hide in it. i wanted to wait until christmas but he's so hellbent and burrowing and he keeps moving EVERYTHING in his cage into the corner and then hides behind it. so basically he got his presents early....and he literally tore apart his other litter pan. plastic bits everywhere. i'm sure he ate some too!! i'll probably get a ball or something like that for him and wrap it up just so he can tear the paper. but i haven't got it yet.

Sparky and Scooter got a new Maze Haven and a willow tent for Christmas. I already gave them the willow tent, but am waiting for the old Maze Haven to be destroyed a little more before I break out the new one.

I bought my hubby's gift this morning. He got a new laptop.

I haven't started shopping for anyone/bun yet! Friends, family,pets no one! I've only got 65 euro so I'll have to spend my money wisely. I don't really know what to get the buns :?. There isn't much here and I don't think I'll be in the city, I was going to get a plastic igloo for Princess but it's 14E so I dunno. I'll have a look when I'm in town on Saturday. I'm getting nothing for the cats, ducks or chickens, they all live outdoors and I don't think they'll need anything. But the kitties will be getting plenty turkey and ham. My dog is lazy, doesn't play with toys, chewbones or treats so I guess a new collar,nice shampoo or grooming brushes for her. The humans presents can come from the 2 euro shop lol.

slavetoabunny wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
The humans presents can come from the 2 euro shop lol.
That must be like our "Dollar Store" here, lol.
Ya I think so, everything in the shop costs 2 euro. They have some nice little things that I can buy for the kids.

The bunnies presents arrived this morning!! :D The delivery of the Hay Experts couriers has been to my house so often he always tries to flirt with me lol :?

Anyway, there was a huge box filled with a 1.1KG bag of Oxbow Timothy hay, Oxbow Orchard grass,

these:
Funballs_200.jpg

these hay cookies:

cookies_200.jpg

this:
sgball_200.JPG

this:
ring_200.jpg

And this!

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Christmas+2008.141/For+the+Little+Ones.142/7+Day+Nature+Feeding+Pack+%3A+Rabbit.446.html

ETA: there are a couple of things in that last thing I'm not too sure about so they may end up just getting the hay samples from it.. I hadn't realised what Steve had ordered until it arrived!

that's it for the bunnies I think lol... that all adds up in the end! They also had a new cardboard castle a few weeks ago (although it's now upstairs until the tree is gone), and of course they will be spoilt with banana chips, cuddles and apple as well! :p

Latest posts

Back